Carnival Dream Honeymoon worthy?

goza6

I plan on getting a balcony, a suite seems a bit out of my budget, but you never know! Glad to hear about your honeymoon I'm extremely excited for it. Everyone talking about it just seems like the way to go.

Love the Dream!! And cruising Halloween is a BLAST!!!! My DH and I cruised during Halloween one year and I have looked every October to book again. They have decorations everywhere, and also have a costume party/contest!! It would be cool to go as Bride and Groom, you'd already have the outfits!! LOL CONGRATS AND HAPPY CRUISING!!

• 2 months later...

My husband and I never hgot a honeymoon because we both had a child...and a tough work schedule...so we finally after 18 years are getting our first honeymoon/new year eve celebration/ hubby birthday new years day....yes he was born new years day and he is a twin! Lol picked the dream because it seemed perfect...

I have loved the Dream. It's been my favorite of all the ships I've been on. My 3 Dream cruises are all in my top 4 out of 15 cruises. I think it would be an excellent choice for you.

Many people, including myself, have loved the cove balconies. They are the cheapest balconies on the ship, because they are down on deck 2. The nice thing about that is how close you are to the water. Seeing the water rush by so fast is really nice. I enjoyed the cove so much more than my balconies way up high. The lifeboats overhead block the sun, which is a good thing, as it makes it more comfortable. And if you want a tan, you'll have much better luck laying out upstairs between 10am-2pm, which is a time that most balconies aren't getting any sun. An important note about coves is that half of them are below the galley/kitchen, and there are reports of loud noises from above late into the overnight. The galley runs from the midship elevators to the aft elevators. Stay forward from that, and you'll be just fine. Below the dining room is the best spot, since it's carpeted and empty all night long. Cove balconies are slightly larger than regular balconies too.

Plus, every other balcony on this ship will not see water when you look straight down. That's because there is an outdoor public walkway (the lanai) on deck 5 that sticks out from the ship & circles the whole ship. All balconies except coves will see this lanai when looking down. I prefer to see the water hitting the ship, but some people like to look down and watch the people on the lanai. From the lanai, I could quite easily see onto the deck 6 balconies and somewhat onto the deck 7 balconies. Some spots are worse than others, higher up balconies won't notice the lanai as much, and the lanai is much skinnier towards the forward & towards the back.

Hey guys my and my fiance are getting married October 24, and at planning on going on a cruise the 25th. I've been looking at the Carnival Dream cruise for our honeymoon since it's about a two hour drive from where we're getting married, but I didn't know if it was worth it. Also any tips/tricks on booking for the cruise? If there's another cruise you guys could recommend that would be great. Just looking to have a good time with a balcony room on it. We're getting married in Mobile, AL so we could drive to galveston/ft lauderdale and they both would be about an 7 hour drive a piece. Any advice would be great! Thanks

You will be on your honeymoon so you should not be too worried about the ship, you may not be out of your room much!!!:rolleyes: