Studio- How does it work with lounge

gerrimom

This will be my first time solo on NCL. I booked a Studio on the 1/3/16 Breakaway and am looking to learn as much as possible about how the lounge system works. I gather there is a barf, when is it staffed? Should I make dinner/show reservations or wait until the cruise for staffer to put groups together?

LOL love the typo in your post.

Anyways, USUALLY the group will go to the MDR from the lounge, there will be a white board at what time the group will meet and then go onto the dining room. As for shows, I think we played that by ear. I didn't make any reservations when I was on EPIC and just did a stand by walk up. Since I was solo, there were always seats available.

Also, be proactive and say you'd like to go to a specialty restaurant and ask the solo coordinator to help facilitate that and open it up to the group. A guy in our group did that and I think a few people joined him.

Make use of the fancy coffee machine, its free all day and there are breakfast things in the morning, tea time cakes/cookies in the afternoon and sometimes something sweet at night too. The bar is usually open in the evenings for a few hours.

Have a great time!

I agree... ask about going to specialty restaurants... I also played it by ear with the shows... also you can probably find people in the solo lounge to go with you. The Bar is usually staffed from 5-7ish if I remember. There will be pastries in the AM and cookies in the afternoon. Specialty coffee machine is great as the last poster mentioned. I think there might be a wine machine there too for when there is no bartender...just swipe your key card.

I've been in the studios on the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway... have fun and remember it's your vacations, meet people, don't meet people...just do what you please!