solo passenger

janeandmoses

Hi I am hoping to go away with my friends on a Mediterranean cruise next year. I am on my own and I know P&O has single rooms but what kind of price are they please. I'm hoping its not like double? Can anyone advise me please

Jane

Hi Jane

I've cruised solo with po for 10 years and the supplements have been anything from 45% to 100% depending on cruise and cabin grade if you have to book single occupancy in a cabin for 2 pax. There are solo cabins on some ships I think it's ventura Azura and Brit. I have traveled in a solo inside on Ventura 7 nights Italy and that was around 1500 a solo balcony on Brit for two week Caribbean is around 3000 which is only 300-500 less than I have paid for a standard balcony single occ on oceana, vent before she had the single rooms put in.

You may need to take into account po's fluid pricing system and closer to sailing prices maybe higher and solo cabins usually sell out within the first month of the cruise being open to purchase.

For example my balcony on Brit I was lucky to get on first day of booking and the others were purchased within a week, that was April 2014 and I don't sail for another 7 months.

I know it's expensive but worth it.

Po also have a fab ents team who go out of their way to get to know solo passengers, even when their travelling with others so not technically solo, and I've always found their coffee get togethers good for information gathering. It's the ents teams fault I now always go to the boatyard in Barbados, they recommended it, and I always end up dragging others with me. In for a penny....

I hope you have a fab time what ever you decide. Any questions just ask.

X h

Indeed - it very much depends on the cruise as to what the single price will be. There's no supplement on single cabins as such but they are generally more than 50% of the price per person in a twin/double cabin. Britannia, Azura & Ventura have the most single cabins. Arcadia is next followed by Oriana & Aurora. Oceana does not have any yet as far as I recall.

As Holly has said, there are tea/coffee meets most mornigns and even though you are travelling with friends, you can go to these and meet other pax who are travelling solo. Its a good way to meet others who you are not travelling with.

You will have a great time I am sure.