Geocaching in Belize?

soccerma

My husband is not able to walk very far, or do much in the way of snorkeling or swimming. I was wondering if there is a place to rent a vehicle to go outside of the port are to drive around on our own, to do some geocaching, maybe hire a local guide to drive us? This will be our first trip to Belize, but are a little disappointed in the options for excursions through the cruise line.

If you have a good map and the coordinates of the geocaches in and around Belize City, you could probably hire a taxi driver to take you around to them. Not sure how many there are in the area. Rental car agencies are up at the airport (Alamo and several locals, I believe) which is about a 20 minute taxi ride from the tender pier.

Someone on these boards about a year ago mentioned a cache right at the pier and possible some on one of the cayes (you'll need a boat or tour to there for those). You'll have to search your sources for others. If they are away from the immediate environs of Belize City, you'll find a taxi somewhat expensive.

http://coord.info/GCP3EC