Recent Summit Cruisers, quick question

cruiseforus

I just booked a last minute cruise on the Summit. I am going to try to make dining reservations and being last minute I know its going to be difficult and we do like going to the shows, so I would like to know the times of the nightly shows so I can plan as best I can.

Thanks

The anytime dining was open at 5:30 I think and we had no problem ever walking right to a table, no matter what time we went.

Not on my sailing of June 7-14. Select Dining was a mess! They would only allow you to make reservations up to 5:30 or 8 PM and later, nothing in between. Anytime we showed up at various times between 6:15 and 7 PM we were given a beeper and had to wait, never less than 20 minutes and the longest wait of 45 minutes.

There were two lines with signs on each, one for people without reservations and the other had a sign that specified it was for people with Reservations and Suite Guests. So any Suite guests could just walk forgo their own dining room and walk right in while those of us who chose Select at booking had long waits.

I have enjoyed Select ever since it was first offered and have loved it, have never had much if any waits in the past, including on two previous sailings, even a prior one that had the Blu carve out of the space.

I really hope they do something to address the problems they are having. The demand for Select is exceeding the space they have for it. to

I just returned from the Summit. I strongly suggest you book your reservations on line prior to sailing. We had done this and just walked right in. Those who didn't, needed to wait until a table became available.

I tried booking online three months before sailing and could not get any reservations between 5:30 and 8. They would not make any reservations on the ship between those times either. I never had this issue with Select Dining reservations before on any ship including two previous Summit sailings.

Don't flame me for hijacking the thread, but I have seen several references to a sunset bar on different threads, but dont see this on the deck plans.

Where is it? thanks

Sunset Bar/Oceanview Bar, it's the same on the M-Class ship -- it's back aft from the Oceanview Café on Deck 10.

On the S-Class ship, the Sunset Bar is on Deck 15 back aft.

Thanks Wine-O.

Another quick question:D

Is there a Mast grill on Summit or just a Mast Bar?

Tanks [sic]

No Mast Grill on Summit, just a Mast Bar.

Not sure what's it called, but it's just like the Mast Grill and is on the aft end of the pool deck on the starboard side. Same concept, burgers, fries, dogs, and the like.