NCL Sun Embarkation/Private Tour Timing

cmego2

We are headed to Anchorage tomorrow for our DIY Land Tour portion before boarding the Sun in Seward on Monday 6/29. I have a last minute question that I'm hopeful someone here can answer.

I currently have a tour booked at 2pm in Seward on Embarkation Day. We have plenty of time for this tour as the ship is not scheduled to depart until 9pm. Our plan is to check-in and board the Sun, have lunch and drop-off our carry-on bags. I am assuming that we can then leave the ship and return at the end of our tour which should be no later than 5pm.

Is this allowable? I feel like some passengers did this on our Pride of America sailing, but I am not 100% positive. If we are not able to do the above plan, we will store our bags at the hotel, take our tour and then check-in on the Sun.

Thanks in advance!

I am taking a bus up from Anchorage and was told that I simply needed to board by 7:00 pm...so your plan should work out fine....

Kathy

We are headed to Anchorage tomorrow for our DIY Land Tour portion before boarding the Sun in Seward on Monday 6/29. I have a last minute question that I'm hopeful someone here can answer.

I currently have a tour booked at 2pm in Seward on Embarkation Day. We have plenty of time for this tour as the ship is not scheduled to depart until 9pm. Our plan is to check-in and board the Sun, have lunch and drop-off our carry-on bags. I am assuming that we can then leave the ship and return at the end of our tour which should be no later than 5pm.

Is this allowable? I feel like some passengers did this on our Pride of America sailing, but I am not 100% positive. If we are not able to do the above plan, we will store our bags at the hotel, take our tour and then check-in on the Sun.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

You might want to see what time people have been boarding? It is not likely your room will be ready, with you needing to be off the ship probably around 1:30p? Also in Seward, I've seen boarding later, than what you may be used to in the Caribbean. Several years ago, you were lucky to get on by 3pm. It is earlier now, (I see people lined up waiting to get on, when I'm getting off :) ) When the Sun was in Whittier last year, it was after 12:45p - the 2 trips I was on, saw the lines and nobody moving- when my boat tour was leaving. (specifically looking)

IF boarding is underway- you can come and go as you please.

Thanks Budget Queen! You have answered my question about being able to come and go. We'll play it by ear with our luggage based on your thoughts with guest queuing at the pier for check-in. We'll be staying relatively close at the Holiday Inn Express so I can take a look at the boarding process and may walk over to drop off our bags to the porters anyway.

Thanks Budget Queen! You have answered my question about being able to come and go. We'll play it by ear with our luggage based on your thoughts with guest queuing at the pier for check-in. We'll be staying relatively close at the Holiday Inn Express so I can take a look at the boarding process and may walk over to drop off our bags to the porters anyway.

Last year, you placed your bags in a bin. Ask this specific question what is going on this year. There aren't "porters" lined up like you may be thinking in Seward. smaller numbers or none at some times. :) Every time I've gotten off ships the last few years- it was self serve, with the luggage bin early in the day, out of Seward.

If I'm not mistaken- the Holiday Inn used to transfer luggage? Perhaps call them direct. I haven't stayed there since 2012, preferring another option.