GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

Thanks for the info:) I just found out that the Carnival Magic nor Carnival Dream have Guys Burger/ Blue Iguana Cantina which should be considered "Mutiny".To thicken the plot The Freedom which sails a day earlier with similar itinerary has all the 2.0 upgrades though a tad smaller(conquest class) I actually like that itinerary NOV 28th Cozumel, Montego Bay, and Grand Cayman. And I see you sailed on her too prior to the upgrades:) Ship happens when you do last minute cruising. I plan to book sometimes next week. So with that being said which would you choose and I will try not to bombard you with anymore questions:)

Hey there! Did you decide on a cruise yet? Which one did you book or are you planning to book?

Did you book Vista yet? What sailing are you on?? Would love to cruise on the same ship with you sometime :D I always love reading your reviews and how much fun you have!

12/11/16. It's just a quickie 5 day. It looks like you're sailing Vista in November. I'll barely miss you! Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. :)

Just found the thread, cool review, thx for sharing!

Thanks so much for reading!

132,000+ views. Best review, ever. Carnival- please send GAPearl on a free cruise pronto.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I'm pretty baffled myself that this review has had that many hits in only 3 months! :eek: Shall we start a petition to get me that free cruise? :D

Great review Kim! I loved your sense of humor, pics, videos and sense of fashion. I have a Breeze cruise planned for next year May. I can't wait to sail on that class of ship.

I'm going to start reading your travel blogs. I love doing both land vacation and cruises.

Bummer that we'll miss you! Cannot wait to sail the Vista!!!:D

Neither can I! Maybe one day though. :)

Great review Kim! I loved your sense of humor, pics, videos and sense of fashion. I have a Breeze cruise planned for next year May. I can't wait to sail on that class of ship.

I'm going to start reading your travel blogs. I love doing both land vacation and cruises.

Thanks so much! You'll love the Breeze. The travel blog is still very incomplete. I've gotten lazy with maintaining it. :eek: I definitely want to have my remaining blogs published before I leave for Singapore in a few weeks. I'm beginning to lean more towards land vacations because I love seeing new places and experiencing new cultures. There's only so much new to experience in the Caribbean after a while. The good thing about my next trip is I get to combine both sea and land. I can't wait to explore Singapore for 5 days before I sail! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Just to let you know. I booked The Carnival Freedom Sailing out of Galveston on Nov. 28th. I liked The itinerary and the fact it has the 2.0 upgrades. I will try the Breeze and Magic next year:) I see you sailed on The Freedom as well..How was your cruise?

Hey Just to let you know. I booked The Carnival Freedom Sailing out of Galveston on Nov. 28th. I liked The itinerary and the fact it has the 2.0 upgrades. I will try the Breeze and Magic next year:) I see you sailed on The Freedom as well..How was your cruise?

Awesome! I had a good cruise on the Freedom. That was only my second cruise and I booked it 3 weeks before sailing. Gosh that was forever ago! Have a great time and maybe you'll bring back a review. ;) I'd love to see how she looks with the upgrades now.

I woke up bright and early at 8 am and had every intention of working out today.

But. The. Struggle. Was. Real.

I didn't make it. I took a shower and got dressed in my swimsuit and coverup, ready for a sunny pool day. My mom and JJ were going to go to the breakfast buffet on lido, so I suggested they come to the MDR with me for brunch instead. Sea day brunch is held in the Southern Lights Restaurant, deck 3 aft. We were seated immediately with no wait.

Sea day brunch menu.

35768a5a-bfc9-4927-88dd-84f2e7ffa643_zps7wusfesb.jpg

ad699b71-34a3-4f34-a930-08c60f53151f_zpswsygzuqr.jpg

We were served a basket of assorted pastries.

5649fd94-606f-419b-a173-bf04a20ac30d_zpsnnb5vpqn.jpg

Pastry selfie.

21c108c9-1755-46b3-adc1-e0400490a8d9_zpsbptvua2m.jpg

My mom brought one of the new puzzle books I got her and we could not figure this one out. Can anyone get it without using a calculator, and what was your strategy?

92f7a33e-d47c-48c7-a609-963dd8be1bd0_zpsmvht7cyn.jpg

I don't know if anyone has told you yet but its 46 + 37 + 31. The way I did it was 46+37= 83 then add 31= 114. Took some trial and error.

• 1 month later...

Kim, Another fantastic review. Ok, so I've read your Mariner and now Magic review. I'm off to start on others. You have to go on more cruises because when I read the last of all reports I'm likely to cry.

Thanks for all the detail you put in here...you're birthday was worthy of the (bad, very bad) hangover.

Mary in MI

Kim, Another fantastic review. Ok, so I've read your Mariner and now Magic review. I'm off to start on others. You have to go on more cruises because when I read the last of all reports I'm likely to cry.

Thanks for all the detail you put in here...you're birthday was worthy of the (bad, very bad) hangover.

Mary in MI

Thanks Mary! This one was definitely the most fun review I've written. It was definitely an epic birthday, hangover and all. :D I don't have another cruise booked for a while, but I'm hoping to get caught up writing and redesigning my travel blog in the next few weeks so I can get back into it. I just booked a quickie trip to Cancun next month, so maybe I'll have some funny stories to share from that trip. :)

So glad I came across your review. I have read all your previous ones and love following you. I look forward to being on a ship with you one day. You seem like a blast! I have two cruises coming up. BC9 in February which is more about seeing a group of about 100 friends and The Sunshine in March for my 35 th birthday!

So glad I came across your review. I have read all your previous ones and love following you. I look forward to being on a ship with you one day. You seem like a blast! I have two cruises coming up. BC9 in February which is more about seeing a group of about 100 friends and The Sunshine in March for my 35 th birthday!

Shall I send you my tiara and sash for your birthday cruise? Lol :D I hope you have a great time! 35 isn't really a milestone, but it is when you come to the realization that you're now closer to 40 than 30. :eek: I'm asked a lot if I'm ever going to go on one of the blogger's cruises. The answer is most likely no, but you never know. Maybe one day! We'd have fun on a ship together. :)

Totally agree she does a FANTASTIC review !!!!!!!!!!!!

When you mentioned getting your passport stamped in customs, did you mean they will stamp it when you are disembarking? Is it just that ports stamp? Totally enjoyed your reviews as always! You have a great way to telling your story. Merry Christmas!

Did I mention that? I so don't remember. Lol They will not stamp your passport automatically, but they can if you ask. It will be a US stamp at debarkation. If you want a stamp at the different ports, you can search on the ports of call board to find out where you can go to get one. Lots of people do it. Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas to you too!

Great review!!

Thank so much! I appreciate it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Gapearl!

I was looking at your Itinerary for future cruises and I noticed that you will be going on the Pride out of Baltimore 2016. One thing I can tell you is that it is an easy Embark and Disembark. The other thing is it's a long long sailing down the bay to reach the ocean. Something like 9 hours or so. I don't personally like it but have no choice if I sail out of here since I live here. Another thing I don't like is that we only have two choices of ships to sail on. Royal's Grandeur of the Seas and Carnival's Pride. Wish we had more options but the ship's have to be able to fit under the bridges. NCL has ships that could and maybe they will send one in the future, one can only hope.

Bermuda is on my bucket list and I will be very interested in your review on Bermuda.

My last cruise was on the Anthem Nov. 10-22nd 2015 out of New Jersey. I took a charter bus to get to the port there. Anthem is BIG and Beautiful and I did a review on it if you get a chance to read it. The review is under my name, just look for Stella777. It's not anything like your review but I feel I captured most of what I experienced on Anthem.

I wish you a truly great 2016 full of unexpected surprises that you never imagined could happen for you.

Stella

Edited by Stella777

Hey GaPearl!

For the past 96 hours I've read 4-5 of your reviews. If I did reviews they would look exactly like this. You're personality really come out when you tell give your reviews. Love it!!

You have totally sold me on solo cruising and currently looking into it. Can't wait for your next review! [emoji267][emoji295]️[emoji4][emoji568]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Gapearl!

I was looking at your Itinerary for future cruises and I noticed that you will be going on the Pride out of Baltimore 2016. One thing I can tell you is that it is an easy Embark and Disembark. The other thing is it's a long long sailing down the bay to reach the ocean. Something like 9 hours or so. I don't personally like it but have no choice if I sail out of here since I live here. Another thing I don't like is that we only have two choices of ships to sail on. Royal's Grandeur of the Seas and Carnival's Pride. Wish we had more options but the ship's have to be able to fit under the bridges. NCL has ships that could and maybe they will send one in the future, one can only hope.

Bermuda is on my bucket list and I will be very interested in your review on Bermuda.

My last cruise was on the Anthem Nov. 10-22nd 2015 out of New Jersey. I took a charter bus to get to the port there. Anthem is BIG and Beautiful and I did a review on it if you get a chance to read it. The review is under my name, just look for Stella777. It's not anything like your review but I feel I captured most of what I experienced on Anthem.

I wish you a truly great 2016 full of unexpected surprises that you never imagined could happen for you.

Stella

Hi Stella! Happy holidays to you as well! I didn't know that 9 hour part about sailing out of Baltimore. That kind of sounds like what people say about leaving from New Orleans. It will be nice to leave from a new port and to get to sail on a class of ship that's new to me. My cruise friend Sean is also booked on this one and asked if I've started planning anything yet, and the answer was a huge no. I can't think that far ahead just yet. I've got other trips to plan before then lol. I did look at the Anthem to Bermuda. It would have been cool to be on a new RC ship and my mom's first time sailing them. The price was about the same, but the Anthem was only 5 days and the Pride was 7 so that was a no brainier for me. I'll be sure to go check out your review. Maybe I'll get to sail her another time. :)