Can anyone tell me about Randy's Happy Horses?

marimbasol

We did Randy's Happy Horses on our last cruise and had a great time. She meets you at the pier and taxi's you to a launch where you take a water Taxi to Stone Island. Here you mount your horse and go for a ride through coconut, lemon, and lime plantation. After this you ride on the beach and then dismount at Victor's where you can get buy some great food at great prices and then hang out at the beach for a while. Randi is always lurking over on the ports of call pages so if you are interested you can catch her there. We had a great time and would do it again.

Carnival Pride 2/08/04

Carnival Pride 2/03

Inspiration 1/02

Ecstasy 5/01

This question is answered MANY times on the Mexico Rivera board under ports of call....

And the news is all good.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Randy is great...I highly recommend her!

Scandinavian Sun

Emerald Seas

Island Princess

Seaward

Norway

Westward

Sensation

Facsination

Majesty of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Inspiration

Norwegian Dream

Norwegian Sun

Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)

Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)

Grand Princess (June 2003)

Disney Magic (Sept 2003)

Diamond Princess (June 2004)

Here we come for our honeymoon on the Diamond Princess

June 12,2004

Here is her web site. I emailed her with a question and she will get back to you immediately. This was GREAT FUN! Something we will remember for a long time. It is well worth the price & the shrimp at Victor's is wonderful!

http://www.mazinfo.com/horsebackride/

Sheila

Diamond Princess 3-04

Sea Princess (back-to-back) 3-03

Sun Princess 3-02

Golden Princess 10-01

Sea Princess 3-01

Randy's happy horses

from

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1558

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

We rode with Randi on our cruise last September and it was the highlight of our trip! Even my sister who is terrified of horses loved it. We will definitely be riding with Randi again when we sail on the Sapphire in October.

If you have any questions you can email Randi from the link on her website and she will respond VERY quickly. I emailed her several times before deciding to book before our last cruise and she always responded within minutes.

Randi runs a great trip. My son and I rode with her in Feb. of 2003. He was 6 at the time. We loved our ride, had a great lunch on the beach, and even enjoyed a banana boat ride. Probably the best excursion we've done...

Azure Seas 6/88

Jubilee 7/90

Ecstasy 6/01

Grand Princess 10/01

Sea Princess 2/02

Star Princess 2/01/03

I have never taken her excursion, but I too have heard nothing but good things about her.

Randi used to frequent the Mexcian Riviera board on here under the name "Island Girl" (may still be there, but I haven't gone there for some time!) icon_cool.gif

We did Randy's Happy Horses last October and we are going to do it again this September. It was wonderful. The scenery was great and like everyone said when you stop we stop at Victor's and boy talk about good shrimp. His wife makes a garlic shrimp to die for... If you are thinking about doing this excursion you really should.

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I joined Randi in January and loved it. We had a great ride, wonderful beach and the food at Victors is awesome.

Vette

NCL Norway

Carnival Holiday

NCL Sun

NCL Sea

NCL Wind

Carnival Celebration

RCI Splendour of the Seas

Carnival Pride 1/04

Caribbean Princess 2/05

My sister dcourt knows what she's talking about...we had a great time with Randi! icon_smile.gif

I am really looking forward to September and getting to take this excursion again.

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

We did Randi's last week also and had a wonderful time. Girls put the experience

right behind the Dolphin swim in PV. She

makes the day very personal, loves her

horses and makes sure all are having a

good time. And by the way, "don't run

the horses on the beach".

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

April 3, 2004 Diamond

I have read many rave reviews about Randi's trip, and I am in the process of deciding if this is a trip we will take. I have one question that still remains unanswered however. Randi e-mailed me that she picks up at about 8:30 am and return is at about 2:00 pm, but she didn't answer my question regarding the amount of time spent on the horses, vs. at the restaurant, and transportation to the horses, etc. I basically want to know how the day is broken up. Can anybody give me this information? It is not mentioned on the website.

It takes about an hour to an hour and 1/2 to pick up everyone at the terminal, take a boat to Stone Island, drive to where the horses are, and then got on the horses. Obviously this depends on how many people are in the group. We rode until about noon through some beautiful fields and then onto the beach near where you eat for lunch. I think we left around 2 or 2:30 PM to go back and got back after 3. It is really nice, and Randi takes real good care of everyone. This was our second year to go and we have enjoyed it each time.

Meeting Randi was worth the price of admission. If anyone is concerned i had not been on a horse in 20 years and if I could get my fat *** up on the saddle anyone can. We ranged in ages from 8 to 55 and all had a blast. Will go again this October.

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

I also just returned this week from riding Randi's horses. I loved it. I was actually terrified and by the end felt very comfortable on her horses due to the excellent help she had. From beginning to end, it is an adventure. Randi, we miss you.

One of the best values out there! We did it about a year and a half ago and had a great time. Randy even bought the first round of drinks when we arrived at the beach. She also has great t-shirts for sale - they make good souvenirs - and only $5 each!

On a side note - DON'T GET OFF THE HORSE UNSUPERVISED! While I was riding, my camera fell out of my pocket and I got off my horse to get it. My foot got caught in the stirup and it freaked the horse out a little bit and he started to walk - which caused me to fall - which caused the horse to rear up! I looked up and saw his hooves flailing over my body. I managed to move out of the way and the horse bolted off. Randy said the horses are use to the same routine, so they get spooked if some idiot (my term, not Randy's) decides he needs to get off his horse. I felt like a bit of a fool the rest of the excursion, but everyone was very nice about it. THIS WAS MY FAULT AND NOT A REFLECTION ON "RANDY'S HAPPY HORSES" THEY ARE A GREAT EXCURSION OPTION. Just thought you all would get a kick out of the story.

I was on a tour with randi back in 10/02 when something very similar happined. But from what i remember the guy got off the horse on the right side. It was scary to watch it but the guides helped and got it under control quickly.

Archived