Alcohol Policy on DCL

Markw

Good afternoon all. We're just 3 days away from our first Disney Cruise after 9 with RCL. Needless to say, were in for a different experience for sure. I'm traveling with my wife and 2 boys 9 & 7. I see we can bring our own alcohol on with us. Is there any limit? I am a beer drinker and would love to bring a 12-18 pack for the trip. If I bring them, can I also bring a small cooler and bring to the pool with me? Is this frowned upon? Like I said, this is all new to me. Thanks for your help/comments.

Good afternoon all. We're just 3 days away from our first Disney Cruise after 9 with RCL. Needless to say, were in for a different experience for sure. I'm traveling with my wife and 2 boys 9 & 7. I see we can bring our own alcohol on with us. Is there any limit? I am a beer drinker and would love to bring a 12-18 pack for the trip. If I bring them, can I also bring a small cooler and bring to the pool with me? Is this frowned upon? Like I said, this is all new to me. Thanks for your help/comments.

You may bring aboard whatever beverages you wish. As much as you wish. Only request DCL makes is that you do so in your carry on bags, not checked.

Coolers are not allowed, except for small ones necessary for dietary restrictions or medications. No coolers allowed at the pool.

Any alcohol brought onboard may not be consumed in public areas, only in your room.

You can see the current DCL policy on alcohol as a sticky at the top of the page.

Edited by Shmoo here

Coolers are not permitted, except those needed for medications. No exceptions. If you show up with a cooler it will be confiscated at the terminal and returned to you when the ship returns to port. You can thank previous guests who couldn't behave themselves after consuming excessive alcohol by the pool for this policy. It has always been the written policy, but is now strictly enforced.

Alcohol brought on board is for consumption in your cabin only. That's still a much more liberal policy than you'll find on other lines.

No limit to the type or amount you can bring, but it must be in your carry on luggage (not checked bags.)

If you want to mix up a little drink on deck, I recommend the little airplane bottles. You can get some lemonade from the soda fountain, add a little vodka, and you are all set. The little bottles make it easy to be discreet. Also, if you bring wine on board, ask your stateroom host or hostess for wine glasses. Then if you are enjoying some wine while you get ready for dinner, you can top off your glass and take it with you. No one will say a word.