when do you need add extra tip ? ?

Good to know. I'll slip them a little extra next time I have the kids with me. Those people are just amazing with the kids.

In addition to tips, you might find the person who is their supervisor and mention them to him by name (in fact, there should be cards that are available from the Passenger Assistance Desk where you can write down comments on them.) That way there is something in writing that may help them in the future for promotions, etc. Tips are, to the best of my knowledge, more or less an informal acknowledgement of their hard word while written comments are more formal! Not that the $$ isn't appreciated. ;)

Tom

We had exceptional service by our room attendant on our last cruise (ice in bucket without asking, towel animals everynight, called us by our first names etc) so I left $20 half way through then another at the end of the cruise. We were treated like royalty. Ours friends got one towel animal and no ice, and never saw their attendant - but they never tipped either. I like to show people they are appreciated. They treat me good - I treat them good. just my opinion.