Can Breakaway balcony dividers open between cabins

ticman

I apologize for reposting the same question but wanted to get responses in the Breakaway thread

question; for adjacent cabins can the balconies be opened between the cabins

on a Princess cruise we had 5 cabins with balcony dividers opened allowing for using the balcony to go between the 5 cabins

we are looking on decks 9 to 12.

thank you for your help

I was told when I booked 3 aft rooms together on the Breakaway that we could. I have a feeling that my NCL Cruise Consultant provided the wrong info after reading other posts. It won't hurt to ask.

We had 3 afts on deck 11 on the BA last July - our room steward told us "he" was not allowed to open them. Once docked in Bermuda "we" opened them (leatherman tool) when we were out there, which other than first thing in the morning before starting our day, was seldom. The sun was just too damn hot out there. The dividers are triangular and only open slightly. We were picturing a big, vast, 3 cabin balcony... not. It honestly wasn't worth the effort. All it ended up being was the convenience of being able to walk around divider to enter another cabin instead of going out into the hall and using the door - you won't "see" one another if you're sitting out there, not unless you put your chair directly in the small space that actually opens.

Now don't get me wrong... I LOVED our afts; we were just a few decks up or down from anything we needed. I'd book those cabins again in a heartbeat, but we really didn't use them as much as we had thought we would.

Edited by VickiD59

The room steward will not open it but you can open it yourself. Just be sure to close the partition when you leave room because the steward will shut it and lock it again. They may even tell you not to open it.

• 10 months later...