Dress code for dinner on Breakaway?

Baileyjojo

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it ok for men to wear nice khaki style shorts to dinner? Probably with a polo style shirt. Which specialty restaurants is this frowned upon? We have UDP so we are primarily eating in specialty restaurants which the exception of the Manhattan room.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it ok for men to wear nice khaki style shorts to dinner? Probably with a polo style shirt. Which specialty restaurants is this frowned upon? We have UDP so we are primarily eating in specialty restaurants which the exception of the Manhattan room.

I just finished a cruise on the Breakaway two weeks ago and that's exactly what I wore to dinner in the main dining rooms (Taste/Savor) and the one specialty restaurant we went to (Tappanyaki). I believe the Manhattan Room (Deck 7 aft) wants more of a business casual or better dress code (Long pants for men) but we never ate there so I cannot confirm.

I believe NCL has that info posted on their website.

Am I the only one that misses tuxedo night?:confused:

I say to each his/her own when it comes to dress up or not at dinner on a cruise. My take is that I'm on vacation so I don't want to dress up. I saw both side on the Breakaway--those who dressed up in a suit and tie to those that wore shorts and a polo shirt.

Am I the only one that misses tuxedo night?:confused:

I'm sure you're not the only one, but I would say (when discussing NCL cruisers) that you're in the small minority. The Freestyle, relaxed dress code is one of the main reasons why NCL is my preferred cruise line.

Yes you are!!:D

We also enjoy dressing up for dinner a couple of times a week. So OP you are not alone- our first NCL cruise is coming up in a few weeks. We hope that it will compare favorably to Celebrity and RC.

We will not bring a tux or evening gown- but my DH will bring a jacket and tie to wear to the more elegant restaurants.