Ques. about Cemetary beach

Secoh

Hi there. We are doing a morning sting ray excursion and will have the outfit drop us off at the beach for the remainder of the afternoon. We are leaning toward Cemetary beach because of the natural beauty and the opportunity to snorkel. I've been reading all the information that you kind folks have posted :) I understand that there are no facilities there. We'll want to at least eat lunch at some point, probably right after we get dropped off. If we get off at the restaurant which is closest to Cemetary (don't know the name), what is the hike like to the beach? We have elderly parents who are fairly active (76 & 80) who will be with us.

Also, what time would we have to leave to catch the bus back if our ship's leaving at 4?

Thank you so much for your help!

Heritage Cafe is closest...shouldn't be much of a walk at all.

Be aware that the road back to the ship becomes a parking lot in the afternoon...so I would give myself PLENTY of time to get back. If the ship leaves at 4, you MUST be ONBOARD a tender by 3:30!!!

I would leave by 2pm...did I mention traffic comes to an almost complete stop at times?

Heritage Cafe is closest...shouldn't be much of a walk at all.

Be aware that the road back to the ship becomes a parking lot in the afternoon...so I would give myself PLENTY of time to get back. If the ship leaves at 4, you MUST be ONBOARD a tender by 3:30!!!

I would leave by 2pm...did I mention traffic comes to an almost complete stop at times?

Oops, actually it leaves at 5 so guess we have a little while longer then.

Yes! If the ship departs at 5, the last tender will be leaving around 4:30! Our last trip to GC, it took us about 45 mins. to go 4 miles....if it hadn't been so hot, we could have walked faster....or, I could have....I tend to really book when I walk!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Thank you all so much for your help! The ease of getting to and from is a huge factor with our group. Not all of us are experienced so snorkeling off the beach will suit us really well also. The. bus stop being right there, icing on the cake!