Fantasia from Barcelona - embarkation time

mrsbraxton

hi all, think this was asked before but can't find post so apologies for asking again.

We are sailing on Fantasia on 10th July from Barcelona. Departure time is 23:00 but would anyone know roughly what time embarkation would start at? Ship arrives back in Barcelona at 14:00 that day.

Just trying to plan what sightseeing well do in Barcelona that day.

I would imagine that embarkation won't start 'til at least 2 hours after docking to allow for disembarkation which can take at least that length of time. Boarding times usually run for a couple of hours at least so you could have at least until 6pm if not later to board.

I agree with Bea. Allow a couple of hours after docking time. There is a possibility if there aren't many disembarking that you might get on a bit quicker but equally you might just get a long boring wait in the terminal.

Official check in Is usually 3 hours before sailing, so you could leave it as late as 20.00 or 21.00 if you want and carry on enjoying Barcelona

Thanks all. I just rang msc to confirm and it's about 3 hours before according to agent. So 8pm.

Was hoping it'd be a bit earlier as well have an 18 month old with us and wanted to get settled with him before his bedtime.

Thanks all. I just rang msc to confirm and it's about 3 hours before according to agent. So 8pm.

Was hoping it'd be a bit earlier as well have an 18 month old with us and wanted to get settled with him before his bedtime.

Yes that is their official policy so not surprised they told you that.

However in all the cruises I've had with them, they have always started boarding before that, often several hours before that.

I certainly think it is worth your while trying earlier than 8pm. Say around 4.30-5. Worse case they won't be ready but at least they'd take your luggage. Best case they will let you on (although your cabin may not be ready).

Yes that is their official policy so not surprised they told you that.

However in all the cruises I've had with them, they have always started boarding before that, often several hours before that.

I certainly think it is worth your while trying earlier than 8pm. Say around 4.30-5. Worse case they won't be ready but at least they'd take your luggage. Best case they will let you on (although your cabin may not be ready).

Super, thanks for the info!!

We flew into Barcelona directly from the U.S. We arrived at the pier at 9 a.m and we were on the Splendida by 10:30 a.m. for a 6 p.m. departure. I gave the porters a nice tip when checking my luggage and they called upstairs to the ship and a nice young lady came down to greet us and walk us through boarding. We were in the Yacht Club and that may have helped. However, we were still surprised the boarded us 8 hours in advance. I would definitely attempt to board early. With an 18 month old, I suspect the ship will try to accommodate you.

I agree with Amomondo - the terminal will be open and there's plenty of seating available. Make sure to have water and snacks with you - MSC don't always provide drinks at the terminals and you could be waiting for a while.

Are the boarding times not indicated on your tickets? I wouldn't necessarily take what the MSC agent says as Gospel. They speak in generalisations rather than specific facts.

In my dealings with them I've found that I sometimes knew more than they did on some matters! Only last week I was told that you cannot prebook drinks packages anymore - but that facility is still available here on the Ireland website, so, while it may be true in some instances, I'd be wrong to believe the agent as it's not true in my case.