Pride Extended Balcony

kingston13

We were on the Pride for New Years. Had three connecting extended balconies. It was wonderful and the extra room makes a big difference. You can walk around without anybody having to move for you. But, the extended balconies are recessed in the ship somewhat so if you do book one, pick one in the middle of them so your viewing angle is better. You'll love it!

We were on the Pride for New Years. Had three connecting extended balconies. It was wonderful and the extra room makes a big difference. You can walk around without anybody having to move for you. But, the extended balconies are recessed in the ship somewhat so if you do book one, pick one in the middle of them so your viewing angle is better. You'll love it!

We have three in a row booked for a the August 30th sailing, can't wait!

We have three in a row booked for a the August 30th sailing, can't wait!

If you want the balconies opened, go to Guest Services first thing when you get onboard (like before going to your cabin) and request them to be opened (they will be opened by engineering on the second day as stewards can't do it). They only have a limited number of "clamps" that hold the door open. Also note that the doors open outward and forward meaning the are against the railing and will block some of you view in 2 of the cabins but it makes for a GREAT party deck!

Edited by rolaur

True but would have gotten better use out of the balcony with lounge chairs.

Look at 7258. It usually has 1 or 2 loungers on it.

You can also request a lounge chair from your cabin steward.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Our extended balcony was midship on deck 8 but dont remember the number.

Actually we did request a lounge chair and he said a lounge chair for our balcony was a safety hazard due to possible high winds and didnt feel like getting into a disagreement so let it go.

Edited by love my grandkids

I agree with this poster...7258 is one of the bowling alley balconies that you can only find on spirit class ships...such as the Pride. These balconies house 2 lounge chairs and one standard chair as well as 2 tables. They are 3x the LENGTH of standard balconies...plus the added benefit of the extended WIDTH in the case of the one on deck 7.

I just booked the one on deck 8 for the 12/6 sailing and I'm super excited!!!!! :D

I forgot to mention the best part about these balconies...they're the same price as the standard extendeds that are in their category for 3x the the balcony length...WOOHOO!

They're tough to get though...they book quick and there's only 2 of these balconies on each of the decks...decks 5,6,7, and 8.

Edited by rrraydon

I agree with this poster...7258 is one of the bowling alley balconies that you can only find on spirit class ships...such as the Pride. These balconies house 2 lounge chairs and one standard chair as well as 2 tables. They are 3x the LENGTH of standard balconies...plus the added benefit of the extended WIDTH in the case of the one on deck 7.

I just booked the one on deck 8 for the 12/6 sailing and I'm super excited!!!!! :D

Hi there. So how is the ROO doing? Hope you are taking good care of him:):)

I just had the one on deck 8 the beginning of the month. Loved it!

ImageUploadedByForums1435526863.928900.jpg.447ee268b95138a115b59b5ce11f6899.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nice!! Opposite for me - travelling solo. Looking forward to it!

LOL. We have two single cabins in our group at the moment. Might add a third if the single supplement is dropped close to sailing.

Hi there. So how is the ROO doing? Hope you are taking good care of him:):)

Hi!....Can you believe the roo is still alive...lol. McKenzie has her in her room with her Pride shirt on and still with all her necklaces and her medal!

That was a great cruise!

Are you and Sheila doing the B2B in Jan?

Hi!....Can you believe the roo is still alive...lol. McKenzie has her in her room with her Pride shirt on and still with all her necklaces and her medal!

That was a great cruise!

Are you and Sheila doing the B2B in Jan?

So the roo ran off to Canada who knew. One of the highlights of that cruise was the Roo taking over a comedy show one night.

We are doing the Valor in Feb. For winter cruises we like to start off in Florida. We froze the last day of the Pride and couldnt believe how cold it was getting off the ship.