Some Getaway Questions....

Finally getting some time to prepare for our upcoming Getaway cruise (for 11 of us). I've booked Illusionarium, Legally Blonde, and La Cucina, as well as our non-cruiseline excursions for St. Thomas and Nassau.

A few questions...

I know Spice is adults only. What is a Vibe pass? Do you have to have one to go to Spice?

Other than the Glow party, what other parties are there? Do people dress for them?

I made reservations for La Cucina but keep reading that it is not so good. Can I cancel?

Tell me about the concierge app. For all phones? What info is available - Freestyle Dailies, menus?

Traveling with kids from 6 to 17. What is there to do at night (other than the kid's clubs)?

I understand that Flamingo Grill is inside Spice. Is the breakfast buffet/food available to everyone, or just adults, or just adults with Vibe pass?

Think that's all for now. Thanks!

Finally getting some time to prepare for our upcoming Getaway cruise (for 11 of us). I've booked Illusionarium, Legally Blonde, and La Cucina, as well as our non-cruiseline excursions for St. Thomas and Nassau.

A few questions...

I know Spice is adults only. What is a Vibe pass? Do you have to have one to go to Spice?

Spice H20 and Vibe are two totally different venues. Spice is open to all guests free of charge. It is adults-only all day, until around 7pm or so, when they open it to all for the movies on the large screen. Later at night it becomes a nightclub atmosphere. Great place all day, and all night!

Other than the Glow party, what other parties are there? Do people dress for them?

There are several theme parties. One is an ABBA theme, another is an 80's dance theme (fireworks that night also). There may be others I'm not recalling...

I made reservations for La Cucina but keep reading that it is not so good. Can I cancel?

You can call to cancel prior to boarding, or onboard at least 48 hours prior. You will receive a refund.

Tell me about the concierge app. For all phones? What info is available - Freestyle Dailies, menus?

Yes, the dailies, not the menus. Deck plans, event info, and much more is available for free. Can be downloaded onto any smartphone or tablet. No charge for those features. Once onboard you can opt-in for the call & text feature for $7.95 per device, good for the length of the cruise.

Traveling with kids from 6 to 17. What is there to do at night (other than the kid's clubs)?

Various events for Nickelodeon at Sea, plus poolside dance contests, and many other things on the schedule each night. There is also the sports court with mini-golf, and so much more.

I understand that Flamingo Grill is inside Spice. Is the breakfast buffet/food available to everyone, or just adults, or just adults with Vibe pass?

Think that's all for now. Thanks!

Flamingo Grill is not in Spice. It's tucked in on the sports court deck, right by the Video Arcade, behind the slides. Great venue for breakfast, lunch or a mid-afternoon snack. Totally complimentary to all guests.

Hope that helps! :)

I was on The Getaway from the 31st of May to the 6th of June and ate most of my evening meals in La Cucina. Food good and so is the service.

Enjoy your cruise. She is a wonderful ship with a great staff. I am heading back in December to spend Christmas on board Her.

Yes, the dailies, not the menus. Deck plans, event info, and much more is available for free. Can be downloaded onto any smartphone or tablet. No charge for those features. Once onboard you can opt-in for the call & text feature for $7.95 per device, good for the length of the cruise.

Not true, the iConcierge app has the menus on it, especially the main dining room menus. You can view all seven days of menus and freestyle dailies when you first board the ship.

Not true, the iConcierge app has the menus on it, especially the main dining room menus. You can view all seven days of menus and freestyle dailies when you first board the ship.

Very good to know! Somehow I missed those. I'll be checking those out when I board Breakaway. Thanks!!! :)

My husband and I tried La Cucina for the first time on our last Breakaway cruise and really enjoyed the food. I'm kind of mad at myself it took our fifth cruise to try it out!