Recent Breeze cruisers

vacalovers

Can anyone elaborate on new elevators on breeze? Is the system ship wide or only forward? Did it take time to get used to it or take more time to get around the ship

Are you referring to the call buttons for the elevators being port and starboard specific??

We were on the cruise where they piloted the elevator call system on the forward bank. You select the location you are going to on touchpad and it tells you which elevator to wait for.

We never had any problems with it, but our cabin was aft so we didn't have to use it all day.

It was chaotic for a bunch of impatient people coming back onboard from a port. Lots of people just took the stairs. You just had to be patient and wait until the elevator got there.

What it eliminated,as far as I saw, was the jockeying for position in front of the elevator people thought was coming next. It also eliminated the issue of people (kids) pushing all the buttons causing the elevator to stop at every floor. That was happening toward the end of te cruise.

Edited by BullDawg91

We were on the cruise where they piloted the elevator call system on the forward bank. You select the location you are going to on touchpad and it tells you which elevator to wait for.

We never had any problems with it, but our cabin was aft so we didn't have to use it all day.

It was chaotic for a bunch of impatient people coming back onboard from a port. Lots of people just took the stairs. You just had to be patient and wait until the elevator got there.

What it eliminated,as far as I saw, was the jockeying for position in front of the elevator people thought was coming next. It also eliminated the issue of people (kids) pushing all the buttons causing the elevator to stop at every floor. That was happening toward the end of te cruise.

Interesting!

Hi :)

My wife & I were on the Breeze for a 14-day B2B voyage from May 17 to May 31. The debut of the elevator touch pad system was fully operational by our 2nd leg & notices were placed in our cabins.

As a previous member stated, the touch pad system was only placed in the forward elevators. Our cabin was fairly forward, #7278, and worked well for us.

We did see many passengers that did not like the new system, or were confused by it.

My observation was, I personally think they did not have the patience for 'change'.

We used the new system a lot, and loved it. It helped the most with crowd control, especially on Deck 0 when coming back from a port. It divided up people so the elevators were not too crowded and that you did not have to wait long at all.

You simply pressed what floor you wanted to go to on the pad and it told you what elevator to take / wait for.

The system was extremely easy to use..

Around day 5 or 6, we saw a few touch pads torn from their pedistal mounts and were lying on the floor. We saw this late at night and on a couple floors. That was very sad to see...

Our friend in guest services told us they were only testing the system for one sailing, and that they will try the pilot program again. It was literally done overnight. Buttons removed from the inside of the forward elevators, touch pads installed on mounts outside of elevators, and elevators were given letters.

I think the system worked great!!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

I just got off the breeze yesterday and there was no new elevator system. I guess they canceled it or the testing was done with.

Hi Bandet :)

The elevator touch pad pilot program was for only 1 sailing.

May 23 to May 31. See the last paragraph in my post above.

:)

We just got off the ship yesterday. There were no new elevator systems, they have gone back to the traditional "up" or "down" buttons and choosing the floor inside the elevator. Enjoy your cruise!

Ditto