Sunshine Deck 7 Cat 4J Cabin a Huge Mistake?

Having only cruised Carnival once on a GTY Interior and ending up on Deck 2 a the front of the ship and hating the cabin, I lost the first 24 hours because of the motion sickness (best cruise ever other than that) because of the noise and side to side motion - I am wondering if 4J cabins are a huge mistake or a hidden gem?

7102 and 7101 Interior w Picture Window all the way Forward are open on the Sunshine and I have a couple concerns since they are at the very front of the ship.

Is the motion just as bad up there and anchor noise etc?

Does anyone have pics of these cabins, I have done a search and cannot find anything. I am wondering if the beds are in front of the windows or turned sideways.

Thanks in advance to all the Carnival expert cruisers!

I have stayed in this type of room on the Glory & Freedom. Floor 6 & 7. Both were great rooms, Glory had beds sideways, Freedom was under window. If the water is rough, you will feel the movement but I got use to it quickly.

We stayed in this Cat Deck 6 on the Breeze,loved the location with the secret Balcony but we found it to be noisy and had a vibration. Bed was sideways to window. This is our opinion we tend to go for mid ship cabins, but felt the price with the window was a score. Would I do it again? not sure. Many love this Cat so it is totally personal. Who knows if the motion would bother you in any other Cat? Tough call

Happy Sailing

We love the 4Js.. Deck 7 is high enough that you won't have the noise you had on the lower deck. And if you are prone to seasickness then there really are no "safe" places on the ship unless you can be dead center bottom and even then you are going to feel some movement if the seas are rough.

benefits of a 4J- cost, quiet.. being in the front of the ship you hardly get anyone walking past your cabin. If you do it's most likely you neighbors. And then you have the outside deck right there which is almost as good as a balcony.

I had 7103 for the Transatlantic and never had an issue with too much motion. I loved my cabin and having the outside deck so convenient. I did go out there quite a bit since someone kindly left a lounge chair out there and there are a couple of benches.

My only downside is that everything was so far away. I'm not a big walker so had to plan my activities so I didn't have to make frequent trips back to cabin.

Usually got room service for coffee and juice since Lido is at the 'other' end as was my MDR. If walking's not a big deal, no problem.

We also sailed the Sunshine TA, in cabin 7102...loved it, but we are fortunately not very sensitive to the ships motion, and we are "4J cabin fans!!" The walk to just about everything was not a big issue, it at least kept our butts moving!! No noise at all from that level, rather amazing to me just how quiet it can be out on deck while the ship is in motionl

We went out on the forward deck often, the views from out there are almost unmatched from anywhere on the ship, except maybe for the bridge!!