What time to be aboard Celebration in Dubrovnik

Were doing a back to back on Celebration in September so in effect we depart twice from Dubrovnik at 11 pm. I've heard mention there is a sail away party at 10pm. What time do we need to be back on board on the evening and what time do they do the lifeboat drill. Naturally we want to maximise our time ashore and have an evening meal ashore. Thanks in advance.

We are going on the Celebration on September 3rd for two weeks. It looks like a great itinerary and I hope you have a good time. We have docked in Dubrovnik before but not sailed from there. The ship docks a little out of town and I do not recall seeing any restaurants close to where the ship docked. It might be that if you want to eat out on the first night that you will need to take a taxi into town. You would have more time when you get to Dubrovnik half way through your cruise because there would be no need to do the lifeboat drill and you might already be in Dubrovnik during the daytime anyway.

We are going on the Celebration on September 3rd for two weeks. It looks like a great itinerary and I hope you have a good time. We have docked in Dubrovnik before but not sailed from there. The ship docks a little out of town and I do not recall seeing any restaurants close to where the ship docked. It might be that if you want to eat out on the first night that you will need to take a taxi into town. You would have more time when you get to Dubrovnik half way through your cruise because there would be no need to do the lifeboat drill and you might already be in Dubrovnik during the daytime anyway.

Hi

We had a stopover in Dubrovnik last year and got a taxi into the town , there are plenty of them around and it was easy to get a return taxi back to the ship.

I also agree that you would be better to go on the changeover day mid cruise as you will have the whole day to explore and find a great restaurant .

We ate at a lovely restaurant on the harbour and had some wonderful seafood at really reasonable prices.

Don't forget you need Croatian Kuna when in Dubrovnik , it is a lovely city and we are arriving there on 23rd July for a stay and cruise and really looking forward to it

we've just returned from two weeks on Celebration and on the first night in Dubrovnik it was back on board for 5.30 to do the drill at 6.00 pm. Sail at 10.00 pm.....the second time in Dubrovnik you didn't have to do the drill unless you had changed cabins....and the sail time was 10.00 pm again.

They do check that every cabin has attended the drill (unlike other cruiselines).