dressing for weather

DINKinlove

We will be crusing on Getaway Sept 26 to Caribbean. This is my first cruise ever. Like most I'm trying to be conservative in packing. What type of weather should i expect especially at night? Does it get cold on deck at night or even in the day by the pool? Humid in the ports(USVI, BVI)? Temperature on the ship in the restaurants, etc? Also they mention theme parties at night...do people actually dress for the themes or just as you are?

In the years that I lived in St Thomas it never got below 70 ever though it can get cooler. The daily highs are usually between 75-90. The Virgin islands is not extremely humid like south Florida or New Orleans because of the trade winds.

The weather is pretty consistent, with rain falling about half the days in a month, though this usually means a brief shower or two.

The air conditioning can make some spots on the ship feel chilly. A wrap is always nice to have.

Warm (hot) and humid with the chance of thunderstorms/rain showers at some time during each day. Shorts. Also, still in the hurricane season until around November. Ship interior is typical hotel type air conditioning.

There is a pretty strong wind on deck anytime the ship is underway and it can get chilly on deck at night even in the Caribbean. If you have long hair, you'll be glad you brought some scrunchies to keep it from getting tangled. The pool is generally shielded from the wind but the open decks are windy.