Seeing the baths

Just wondering if anyone has sailed to the baths. Is it doable on ship time and what excursion company?

Since you are asking on the St. Thomas board I will assume that you are asking about from St. Thomas.

It is doable but not practical. It is a long way, and it would not take a lot to miss the ship. You could do it as a completely private trip by chartering a boat, but it is still a haul. You have to clear customs both into the BVI and back into the USVI.

If you decide to do it be advised that a passport is required for all guests, no exceptions.

Just wondering if anyone has sailed to the baths. Is it doable on ship time and what excursion company?

as mentioned options are limited due to the distance. The only viable option I am aware of is the breakaway which offers a special package for cruisers. As a custom itinerary it is sure to be pricey so email them for the particulars. Your time in port will dictate your options of course.

If the link is stripped go to visitbreakaway dot com /index and locate the link there.

http://visitbreakaway.com/index.php?pageStewardLink=5589

[EDIT] the only way to get to Virgin Gorda is by powerboat because of the distance, you won't find a sailboat option.

Edited by blue_water

The distance from St Thomas would mean a lot of boat time and not much time at the Baths. You would be closer if your ship docked in Tortolla or some of the other BVI's.

I would not recommend it as a good option.

Agreed - If you ever cruise to Tortola (or VG) you'll have ample time to enjoy the Baths much more!