Cove balcony & laundry

Secoh

Hi folks!

We are in cabin 2423 on the Magic. How can I find out if there's a life boat above the balcony? The reason why I ask is that I've heard that there's lots of shade if there's one above.

How do you folks dry your swim suits? Read in one of the threads that some use clothes pins to secure them on the chairs or lay them on balloons and but not over railings. Thought we weren't allowed to have anything on the balconies at all?

Thanks!

There is a retractable clothes line in the bathrooms to hang them on.

Chances are there will be a lifeboat above your cove. Have you tried googling the specific room or checked one of the sites that has pictures of specific rooms?

Edited by kona_wahine

There is a retractable clothes line in the bathrooms to hang them on.

Chances are there will be a lifeboat above your cove. Have you tried googling the specific room or checked one of the sites that has pictures of specific rooms?

Wasn't aware of the line. Good to know! Yes, but no luck so thought there might be a site that perhaps lists/shows it. Shade is nice but hopefully it won't ruin the view if we are.

I was afraid of a ruined view but I absolutely loved the cove. Much more than even a lido balcony, which is pretty darn convenient. We are doing a b2b next April on the breeze and choose the cove because it's so nice. If you haven't been in one try YouTube.

The lifeboats overhead don't ruin any view. They provide shade, which I see as a good thing. You can't see quite as much sky as you would without the lifeboat overhead, but when I'm at sea, the overhead sky is not the attraction. The sea is the attraction. At least, that's how I have felt about it. My favorite view from a balcony that I've ever had has been from the cove.