Buyer Beware - Soda Package

No, I can easily believe it. Some people's sole purpose here seems to be to look down on others while lecturing them and generally making them feel foolish, dumb or just plain unwelcome. :(

I agree. Isn't it the moderators job to handle that? It seems to be the same dozen or so people who always make the mean nasty comments so why aren't their accounts suspended?

Inventory control. That way they know how much is being served.

I understand that, but, they can still swipe your card to account for it without printing a receipt that you have to sign.

I don’t mind signing the receipt for $0.00.

It lets me know that I was not charged for the soda.

If you bought the package, it should be easy enough to clear up that you weren't supposed to be charged, right?

It's a way of giving you the opportunity to tip more, what's wrong with that?

Well, why include gratuity in the package price if you want your guests to tip per drink? And can't one tip in cash?

We noticed the receipt printing on our cruise this March too. A lot of paper waste. It would be nice if it could be done electronically.

I agree, it's a complete waste of paper and time.

Why do they make you sign though? I'm sure they can swipe your card to verify your picture withOUT printing out a 0.00 receipt (with a tip line on it.) Or, just throw away what prints out. I feel like it's a way to try to get people to tip more.

My thoughts exactly.

In fact, I'm beginning to notice that if you are a prized possessor of the Bubbles or even the Cheers package, the device level drops dramatically.

My thoughts exactly.

In fact, I'm beginning to notice that if you are a prized possessor of the Bubbles or even the Cheers package, the device level drops dramatically.

Inventory control process. It shows that the soda was dispensed to a certain guest by a Carnival crew member. That way both sides of the equation are recorded, the guest and the crew member. Inventory shrinkage on both sides of the fence is a common problem in most companies. If more soda is used that is not accounted for in the inventory control system, then it has to fall back on the crew members, because there is no record that it was given to guests.