Photos of New American Table and American Feast Menus (from 6/19 8 Day Breeze Cruise)

I believe I just read that the Pride will be getting these menus in September. I too am on the first leg of the Journeys cruise leaving Baltimore on Jan. 17, 2016, and I am looking forward to trying the new menus.

Quick question -

I notice an upcharge for steakhouse entrees on some nights, is this the formal nights?

Not sure I want to pay an upcharge in the MDR? I mean I know you do when you go to the steakhouse, but, I didn't know you did in the MDR?

Quick question -

I notice an upcharge for steakhouse entrees on some nights, is this the formal nights?

Not sure I want to pay an upcharge in the MDR? I mean I know you do when you go to the steakhouse, but, I didn't know you did in the MDR?

There are some meats that are an upcharge in the MDR. These are cuts of meat from the steakhouse. They are available every night for those who want a "better" steak or lobster every night.

The "free" (I know it's included in the price you've already paid) steak/lobster is still available on an elegant night. The upcharge items are there for those who either don't want the steak house experience or just want the steak instead of whatever is on the menu that night.

There is a photo of the table setup in post #1. The American Table nights do not have tablecloths, but American Feast "elegant" nights do. The new tables are very nice and are reminiscent of those in the steakhouse. I personally found the change to be fresh and modern.

Anytime I've eaten in the steak house, there were tablecloths. Are they eliminating these there as well? Sorry - I don't like a bare table - placemats would do. Bare tables make for a higher noise level.

2 Questions - 1) Did they do away with the wine list? Are those the only wines available?

2) The flatbread - is that still for the table or can you get your own? I don't really like passed foods/family style with strangers. I think we are going to be requesting a table for 2 from now on.

The menu selections look interesting though. I have heard the food is bland - not so good.

I have no idea why people are complaining about the American Menu. It is great! We were getting so tired of the same old, same old.

No tablecloths, other than on Elegant Night, lessens the amount of work for the wait staff and is a greener alternative for Carnival.

Well, I certainly hope they are wiping down the tables in between! Seems like equal work to changing a tablecloth - if you do it right!

There are some meats that are an upcharge in the MDR. These are cuts of meat from the steakhouse. They are available every night for those who want a "better" steak or lobster every night.

The "free" (I know it's included in the price you've already paid) steak/lobster is still available on an elegant night. The upcharge items are there for those who either don't want the steak house experience or just want the steak instead of whatever is on the menu that night.

Thanks Katie53 for explaining it to me!!

Anytime I've eaten in the steak house, there were tablecloths. Are they eliminating these there as well? Sorry - I don't like a bare table - placemats would do. Bare tables make for a higher noise level.

2 Questions - 1) Did they do away with the wine list? Are those the only wines available?

2) The flatbread - is that still for the table or can you get your own? I don't really like passed foods/family style with strangers. I think we are going to be requesting a table for 2 from now on.

The menu selections look interesting though. I have heard the food is bland - not so good.

The new steakhouses do not have tablecloths. It is a more modern look and is most certainly "greener". In my opinion, a placemat would look tacky, but that's just me.

You can still look at a wine or drink list. Those are just the featured wines in the MDR, but of course you can still order whatever you want.

All of the "shared" appetizers, like the flatbread, can be ordered for one. They scale down the portion size for a single person.

There are no longer shared flatbreads on the menu. The "tweaked" menu has them, but they are just for one person. There is no note whatsoever about sharing them as was done originally.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What nights were your elegant nights?

We leave POM 1st night, Sea day, Grand Turk, San Juan, St Kitts, St Maarten, Sea day, Sea day, POM

I would expect them to be the 1st and 2nd sea days but others have had their elegant nights on days at ports. Just trying to figure out what nights to eat in specialty restaurants. I don't want to miss out on formal nights in the MDR!