Ice Cream & Pizza - Breakaway

nautica34

Is ice cream/frozen yogurt available on the Breakaway throughout the day? Is it self service soft service? Is pizza available by the slice (aware it's offered through room service, don't need a whole one).

Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Just to clarify, the ice cream is only available when the buffet is open?

The soft ice cream appeared to be available anytime. The hard ice cream station is only open during buffet hours (it was really good!) There is also a place where you can buy gelato. Not sure what hours they are open.

It was our experience on Pearl that soft serve was only available when the buffet or the "biergartens" were open for service. This usually means by 10-11 PM the soft serve machines were off.

As mentioned, pizza is available by the slice when ever the buffet is open.

The soft ice cream appeared to be available anytime. The hard ice cream station is only open during buffet hours (it was really good!) There is also a place where you can buy gelato. Not sure what hours they are open.

Sorry - now that I think of it, can't vouch for after 11:00 because we never when to the Garden Cafe after that time. I know up until then there were plenty of people walking around with plates and cones of soft serve.

Ice cream/sundaes are available for purchase from o'Sheehans and that is open 24hrs.

The Gelato from Carlos bakery is available for purchase for limited hours, I think only til 11pm, so same as buffet.

The soft service is at Buffett? Some of the other ships I've been on has the machines near the pool. Someone mentioned toppings, are they for both or just the hard ice cream?

How is the pizza?

The soft service is at Buffett? Some of the other ships I've been on has the machines near the pool. Someone mentioned toppings, are they for both or just the hard ice cream?

How is the pizza?

On board the breakaway last week we only saw the machines as you enter the buffet but we didn't really hang out at the pools so maybe someone else could say whether they are also there.

I didn't see any toppings, just the machines. They have someone at the buffet on either side serving the hard ice cream, which is where the toppings are. I guess it couldn't hurt to ask if you could add some to the soft serve.

I'm a huge fan of pizza and not very picky about it. I will eat sbarros, dominos, homemade, I've eaten pizza in Italy and loved it all, so long as it's fresh.

I tried the buffet pizza 2 or 3 times, fresh slices and everything and I'm sorry to say I didn't care for it. I even liked the pizza on Carnival and Princess! NCL pizza somewhat satisfied my craving but maybe it was the sauce it wasn't something I would miss.