Fishing party boat

bucky0926

bucky: People are pretty serious about fishing. There are no fishing boats that party. If you want to fish, you can check Double Header and a few others.

In NY, where I live, a fishing party boat means that there are a number of people who fish together on a boat even though they don't know each other. Instead of chartering a boat for 600 to over 1000 dollars everyone pays a small protion for access to the boat a rod and bait. The boats up here in NY can accomodate approx 50 people or so and that is why they call them a party boat. Everyone is serious abut fishing but they don't have to bear the brunt of the expense.

Definitely no 50 passenger fishing boats in the VI!! LOL

I think Bucky only meant up to 50. so called party boats can only be a few people up here in the northeast new jersey new York areas.

I had seen some deep fishing tours on St. Thomas on previous princess cruises, but I have not seen them recently. I think at the time they were almost 200.00 pp.

There are fishing boats. They are limited to around 6 passengers and the goal is to...fish. For example, http://doubleheadersportfishing.net/ is one of the top boats. These are considered "in-shore" fishing- wahoo, tuna, mahi-mahi, etc. Marlin boats are more expensive and take a longer time to get to the marlin grounds. And yes, fishing boats are not cheap...

I think Bucky only meant up to 50. so called party boats can only be a few people up here in the northeast new jersey new York areas.

I had seen some deep fishing tours on St. Thomas on previous princess cruises, but I have not seen them recently. I think at the time they were almost 200.00 pp.

Thank you margeg. That is exactly what I meant by party boat. In fact I read the other response to my husband about partying and we both had a good laugh. Apparently they don't have anything like this and at 200 per head that is way too expensive. Will have to look at our other ports.