Internet Question

zandasmom

I haven't cruised since Feb. 2012, but I remember being able to access Carnival's website without purchasing an internet package, I think??? Am I dreaming this? I know we went to the "currently onboard" forum and posted messages to our parents and children back home, and they posted back. But I really think I didn't buy an internet package. Now, I can't find anything about being able to do that, all I find is the new apps, etc.

We will be on the Valor in August.

Thanks!

Edited by zandasmom

Yes, the Carnival forum is still there, but my question is: can you access that website on ships without buying an internet package? I really think it was free to go to the Carnival site, but you had to buy a package if you wanted full internet access?????

The whole of carnival.com is free while onboard. We use it for the forums and checking cruise fares.

Just know that it can load slowly. Like all websites these days the graphics and videos are causing issues when loading on small bandwidths.

Ships are getting updated internet but until then ,.........

Yes, the Carnival forum is still there, but my question is: can you access that website on ships without buying an internet package? I really think it was free to go to the Carnival site, but you had to buy a package if you wanted full internet access?????

The answer is Yes, you are right. You can access the Carnival website and forum without buying an internet package and yes you have to buy a package if you want full internet access (anything outside the Carnival website).