MSC Orchestra, June 6th 2015 | Fjords, Norway & Northern Germany

Elmartellama

Have absolutely loved reading this review and look forward to reading about the remaining few days you have. I want to visit the Fjords at some point, and no doubt i will, but i keep filling up my years with other holidays. Never enough time off work sadly. lol

Oh and your ex's loss is a lucky mans gain. (I have a soft spot for Spaniards. lol)

Stu

Thank you! Go for it if you ever have enough free time. It's a once in a lifetime must.

We then went to the Minitatur Wunderland, which is the most remarkable model collection in the world. It's super cool!

The photos don't make it justice, but it is amazing. We were a bit tired though, it's best to go in the morning if you have time.

Switzerland

IMG_20150613_182704939.jpg

Hamburg Airport

IMG_20150613_183555080.jpg

Landnungsbrücken

IMG_20150613_190537306.jpg

Hamburg on fire!

IMG_20150613_190648949.jpg

Hafencity

IMG_20150613_190933811.jpg

IMG_20150613_191151298.jpg

Day 10

We started the day having breakfast at the Volkschule Hotel. It was a fantastic breakfast I must say, highly recommend this hotel.

IMG_20150614_094608730.jpg

I had proposed to rent to bikes for the day, since we would be coming back home in the afternoon and had still time.

It was a great idea, and renting bike was a classic from our trips. It was a nice way to cover more distances and see some more of Hamburg. We rented Hamburg City Cycles, they are located near Landungsbrücken.

IMG_20150614_104014805_HDR.jpg

After picking up the bikes we went to the Fischmarkt, the fish market were Concerts are held every Sunday morning.

IMG_20150614_110825569.jpg

IMG_20150614_111401870_HDR.jpg

Loved this building

IMG_20150614_111346416_HDR.jpg

The concert

IMG_20150614_111756458.jpg

It has great atmosphere on Sunday mornings

IMG_20150614_111939295.jpg

I think you can buy food from the different posts

IMG_20150614_111802593.jpg

We then headed north to to Reeperbahn street, which is a red district kind of place.

IMG_20150614_113232912.jpg

Many theatres also

IMG_20150614_113719291_HDR.jpg

Mercedes had a promotional thing going on regarding electric cars. I think you could drive them. Not that we wanted to pretend being affluent buyers of not cheap Mercedes electric cars!

IMG_20150614_113931792_HDR.jpg

Lovely building as well

IMG_20150614_114316920_HDR.jpg

As stupid as it seems, you cannot ride a bike in the park. We had no idea and a guard came whistling to us. Mmmm, I just don't get it. Aside from that Hamburg is very bike-friendly.

IMG_20150614_115035981_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150614_121344981_HDR.jpg

There was a motorbike gathering. An old woman in the U-bahn told me there were 30.000 of them!

IMG_20150614_121550718_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150614_123011073_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150614_123234625_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150614_123402800.jpg

IMG_20150614_123536861_HDR.jpg

This is the cool Elba Tunnel

IMG_20150614_124944967.jpg

IMG_20150614_130053416_HDR.jpg

We then went to the hotel to pick up the luggage and leave for the Hamburg Airport

IMG_20150614_132711778_HDR.jpg

And that was it. From that day on, as strange as it was after this nice trip, we wouldn't see each other any more. And I'm glad about it, actually.

IMG_20150614_155325387.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed this long review. Don't have any more plans for future cruises at the moment, but never say never.

The best is yet to come

I'm sad that it's over! Your review and wonderful photographs have made me even more excited for my upcoming trip. :D I'm glad that you and your ex were able to enjoy the trip despite the circumstances. I hope that you will be cruising again sometime soon!

Thanks so much for your awesome nice, thorough and inspirational travel report...and not least - for all the really great pictures!! Looking forward to your upcoming cruises - will follow you again:)

Edited by Frode

I'm sad that it's over! Your review and wonderful photographs have made me even more excited for my upcoming trip. :D I'm glad that you and your ex were able to enjoy the trip despite the circumstances. I hope that you will be cruising again sometime soon!

You have all the reason to be excited, hope you have a wonderful time :)

Thanks so much for your awesome nice, thorough and inspirational travel report...and not least - for all the really great pictures!! Looking forward to your upcoming cruises - will follow you again:)

Thank you

I'm really hooked into Norway now :cool: My dream is being able to make a Hurtigruten trip someday ^_^ But most likely when I don't have mortgage anymore and have someone to share the trip costs with :D So I guess it will be a while!

------------

I'll be away for a couple of days. When I'm back I'll try to post some pictures from the ship

Thank you very much for a excellent review with great photos. It's very interesting to see a cruisereview from my homecountry and how you experience it. I'm glad that you had a great cruise in our fjords and enjoyed the scenery. The weather this summer have been very unstable and rather chilly compared to last year when we had a unusually very hot summer. We went to the Med to get some warm and sunny weather and had a wonderful cruise on the MSC Fantasia.

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

Sorry to be late for the party! I didn't know you started (lol -- and almost finished) your review already. But this way I got the pleasure to read it nonstop front to back ... that was quite the orgie for the eyes. Thank you so much! I absolutely love the maps with the times ... never thought of that --- but will now as well. I especially love the three frozen waterfalls-picture and the one of you imitating our German streetlights-man. Geiranger is breathtaking and I can't believe so many people slept right through it. Why did you say it's the LAST time for you to have a balcony? Was there trouble? or just the price?

I am also sorry to hear your 4 year relationship has come to an end. Geesh, what a nightmare --- who gets to keep the dogs? Especially the cute little pug dog? However I admire you to pull the cruise through with you ex nonetheless ... I don't think everybody would have been strong enough to do so. And not only did you DO it, you also wrote a magnificent review about it which caused some tough eomtional moments for you once again. Thank you for going to the trouble writing it it despite all that!

Lol -- and you're such a handsome, cute guy that I doubt you'll stay single for too long. So actually we're all anticipating future cruise reviews with you and Mister X yet to appear on stage. Lol -- and as long as you're free and unattached --- remember, you're always welcome for a spontaneous visit.

Thank you for a breathtaking review!

Stef

Sorry to be late for the party! I didn't know you started (lol -- and almost finished) your review already. But this way I got the pleasure to read it nonstop front to back ... that was quite the orgie for the eyes. Thank you so much! I absolutely love the maps with the times ... never thought of that --- but will now as well. I especially love the three frozen waterfalls-picture and the one of you imitating our German streetlights-man. Geiranger is breathtaking and I can't believe so many people slept right through it. Why did you say it's the LAST time for you to have a balcony? Was there trouble? or just the price?

I am also sorry to hear your 4 year relationship has come to an end. Geesh, what a nightmare --- who gets to keep the dogs? Especially the cute little pug dog? However I admire you to pull the cruise through with you ex nonetheless ... I don't think everybody would have been strong enough to do so. And not only did you DO it, you also wrote a magnificent review about it which caused some tough eomtional moments for you once again. Thank you for going to the trouble writing it it despite all that!

Lol -- and you're such a handsome, cute guy that I doubt you'll stay single for too long. So actually we're all anticipating future cruise reviews with you and Mister X yet to appear on stage. Lol -- and as long as you're free and unattached --- remember, you're always welcome for a spontaneous visit.

Thank you for a breathtaking review!

Stef

Thank you so much Steff!

I said it was the last time we had balcony, since it was the last time that we as a couple would travel. As a matter of fact, we have had no more contact since the day we came back, - I don't want to really -, so it's the last time at all we will travel even as friends. The balcony itself was very nice, and we loved it for that particular itinerary.

The pug dog belonged to my ex, since well before we met, so he's keeping it.

We'll see what future brings!