Ncl escape mid-ship balcony

MattandjenH

Hello all! We are new cruisers and I'm curious about NCL balcony rooms. We have a room on deck 14, 14242, I believe. Does anyone know from other NCL ship experience if this is a good choice? Any noise or view issues?

Thanks!

Hello all! We are new cruisers and I'm curious about NCL balcony rooms. We have a room on deck 14, 14242, I believe. Does anyone know from other NCL ship experience if this is a good choice? Any noise or view issues?

Thanks!

Matt & Jen- First, congratulations on your FIRST cruise!!! You have picked a great ship to start cruising on...your cabin ( not "room"- it is called "cabin" or "stateroom" FYI..) is located in a perfect place- high up, about 10 cabins down from the elevators...my friends just got off the NCL Getaway 2 weeks ago, and both couples said it was THEE best cruise they had ever been on including 2x on the Allure Of The Seas ( RCI, largest cruise ship in the world), Princess & Celebrity...the bathrooms are nice & large showers..balconies are a bit small at 32 Sq. ft..many ships are between 40-56 SF. for standard balconies..I hope you chose the specialty dining option as your free perq NCL is giving away..my friends never ate in the MDR ( main dining room)- they ate in Le Bistro twice ( it was their fav), Cagney's Steakhouse, Teppanyaki ( Japanese hibachi, very nice & fun), La Coquina ( Italian), and Moderno's ( Brazilian & great salad bar!)..shows & entertainment are spectacular..don't forget to book all on line before you board..a few questions: when are you sailing? What age range are you both in? What kinds of things do you like to do entertainment wise? BTW, I'm both a cruise agent & avid cruiser of 31 cruises, on all but Costa & MSC ( including 5 on NCL)...any questions on NCL, or cruising life in general, let me know..you should also read my famous thread on balconies called , "Thanks, cruise ship balcony, a commentary"..it can be found on the "cabin selection tips" page, on page 2 or 3..just scroll down till you find it- it has more views & hits than any other thread on all of the cabin threads..great tips on how to use your balcony , AND read what some of the posters say as well..and of course, welcome to Cruise Critic..BTW, read the reviews and remember that many people come on here to complain about silly things, IMO..my friends said they couldn't believe all the negative reviews the Getaway ( new & slightly smaller than the Escape) received..they had NO problems on the ship- NONE! Service, food, entertainment, all was top notch- it was their 1st time on NCL, and now they are looking to book the Escape as well...

Big Al