Finally....the Upgrade Fairy! Glory 9/5/15

Alexus138

This will be my fifth Carnival cruise but my first balcony!!! We booked a guarantee ocean view for $399pp (7 day Eastern) but got a call today with the option to upgrade to a balcony for $200 ($67pp, 3 people). Im assuming it was a good deal, as I attempted to book a similar cabin and it was much more. I was at work when they called so I kinda just rushed and chose a cabin....8268. Good location or no????

This will be my fifth Carnival cruise but my first balcony!!! We booked a guarantee ocean view for $399pp (7 day Eastern) but got a call today with the option to upgrade to a balcony for $200 ($67pp, 3 people). Im assuming it was a good deal, as I attempted to book a similar cabin and it was much more. I was at work when they called so I kinda just rushed and chose a cabin....8268. Good location or no????

I think that seems like a good price, especially for 3 people. And if you're happy with it, that's what matters!

I would love that location. A couple of steps away from the atrium elevators. Some might warn you of the noise from the atrium or the traffic from passengers coming off of the elevators. I've never had much of a problem with the noise in that location, though. You'll love the balcony--congratulations!

Im happy and excited. A balcony cabin has never been in the budget. Especially since we dont spend much time in the cabin. But today I thought the price was too good to resist! We really cant complain about the location (if its bad), as we initially booked an ov guarantee cabin. However, looking at the deck plan....I dont think the location is bad.

Ive never had a call for an upsell or upgrade but I see posts about it all the time on here. When I saw the number pop up, I was hoping it was something worthwhile. I dont know if its going to be a good thing or bad thing because Ive always been quite content without a balcony. Im sure i'll probably be addicted from now on lol. Interior, ov or balcony....Im just ready to GO!

Ive never had a call for an upsell or upgrade but I see posts about it all the time on here. When I saw the number pop up, I was hoping it was something worthwhile. I dont know if its going to be a good thing or bad thing because Ive always been quite content without a balcony. Im sure i'll probably be addicted from now on lol. Interior, ov or balcony....Im just ready to GO!

Good for you, happy sailing!!!

$200 sounds like a VERY good deal - so congrats on the deal! You will love the balcony....you may even find you spend a little extra time in the cabin. My favorite way to enjoy the balcony is ordering early morning tea from room service and spending some peaceful moments enjoying the morning air at sea. :)

Sounds like a great deal! The only possible worry I would have is the cabin location. Just got off (Sunday) from Liberty. We had cabin 8261. The noise from the singers in the atrium was incredibly loud inside our cabin. It just echoed down the hallway! (luckily the singers were good!) We are early to rise, early to bed cruisers- in bed by 11, which is when the music really cranked up, till about 12-12:30 a.m. Other than that, the location was great. Stairs/elevator right there, one deck up to Lido, etc.