?'s for anyone recently off the Fascination please

CruizCuz

This thread is not meant to be a "is FTTF worth it"? Rather, I have already purchased it and have used it in the past on other sailings. There have been quite a few bad reviews about Jacksonville's port. So for anyone who has recently sailed on the Fascination, what time can you drive your car onto the lot? Would it be better to drop off the luggage and people, then park, or would it be faster to drive to your spot and everyone walk with their luggage? Is there a designated line for FTTF? I read that some people were misdirected because the workers at the port had never heard of FTTF. Which deck level do you embark? I am with my elderly parents, and want to know if we will be able to walk to our rooms (empress deck) or have to catch an elevator. We enjoy getting onto the ship early and having our carry-ons dropped off in our rooms upon boarding. What time did you actually get to start boarding? Thank you for the help!

On the Fascination you actually board on Deck 1 - but you are right at the elevators.

I usually plan on getting there about 11am, most of the time they don't let you in the parking lot until it starts emptying from the prior cruise. If your parents have problems walking, you can drop them off then park. I always just park and pull my luggage. Sometimes there are guys on golf carts that will pick you up.

I've never used FTTF, but am Platinum and I there is a separate check in area.

Enjoy your cruise - I love the Fascination and hope to sail her again before she leaves JAX

Edited by LRY229

It has been 2 long years since I was on the Fascination :(

But it is a great ship!!

I wrote this short review back then - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1884374

We did FTTF and for us it was worth it.

The parking area at Jax is right next to the ship. We have done both ways on separate cruises. Drop off everyone and one parks the car, and all of us walk from the car. It is not a bad walk, but if you have mobility issues, it is easy to drop off and then park. This last time we all parked and porters were there to take our luggage and tag it as FTTF. They did have a couple of golf carts transporting people.

We sailed her January of this year. We got to the parking lot around 10:30 or 10:45. There were porters in the parking lot. Tell them you are FTTF and they will put a sticker on your bags. There is a separate line for FTTF and Diamond & Platinum for check in and we sat in that seperate area for boarding. They called your status as it was time to board....Diamond, Platinum, Suites, FTTF. They started boarding at 11:30 and we were on looking for our cabin shortly after.

We've sailed her 3 times in the last couple of years.

We've been parked and a porter unloading our suitcases from our trunk by 10:45 am. On the ship and ordering in the deli by noon and we've never had FTTF.

Just don't arrive to park until 10:30. They will not let you in. :)

We were there in January and they didn't open the parking lot until 10:00. They open the terminal at 10:30. Also this might be handy Parking Information

Parking is $15 per day per passenger vehicle ($60 for a 4-day cruise and $75 for a 5-day cruise), and $25 per day for oversized recreational vehicles ($100 for a 4-day cruise and $125 for a 5-day cruise). An oversized recreational vehicle is any vehicle that takes up more than one regular sized parking space. Cash or major credit cards are accepted. No reservations are required for parking.

JAXPORT offers secure parking for Jacksonville cruise guests. The well lighted and fenced parking area on JAXPORT property is located adjacent to the cruise terminal building, and the parking area is monitored by JAXPORT security 24 hours per day.

As a heads up, last November when we sailed on the Fascination there were several short lines of cars waiting to enter the parking lot. Once they started letting us in, I inquired about pulling around to drop off passengers and luggage and they advised us they were not allowing to yet as the area was still congested with debarking passengers getting picked up.

Someone else can help my memory....but if I remember at least one person had to show photo ID to drive into the port.

So if you arrive early, plan on being able to park near the walkway to the port building and have all passengers walk with you. If the crowd is gone and they allow you to pull around to the curb, then bonus!

There were LOTS of porters with luggage carts practically running to cars to unload bags in the parking lot. You shouldn't have to carry anything into the port unless it's something you intend to carry onto the ship yourself.

:pMy daughter will be dropping us off at the Port because we live in Jacksonville, has anyone done this and how does that work? Is there a fee involved in that process? Thanks!

Edited by blessedfnaz

Getting in and out of JaxPort was really easy. We parked and walked with our luggage to the entrance. We were able to pull up into the parking lot by 10:30am, though there were still previous passengers getting off and loading up their cars to go home.

We did have FTTF. We found it really useful and very worth it. We were directed to a specific check-in line and were seated in a specific section.

To disembark, it was also great. Once we finally received clearance, it took all of maybe 7 minutes to get from the dining room where we were waiting to the outside doors of the building. We were at our cars by 8:45am, and this was much needed since we had a long 7 hour drive home.

Getting in and out of JaxPort was really easy. We parked and walked with our luggage to the entrance. We were able to pull up into the parking lot by 10:30am, though there were still previous passengers getting off and loading up their cars to go home.

We did have FTTF. We found it really useful and very worth it. We were directed to a specific check-in line and were seated in a specific section.

To disembark, it was also great. Once we finally received clearance, it took all of maybe 7 minutes to get from the dining room where we were waiting to the outside doors of the building. We were at our cars by 8:45am, and this was much needed since we had a long 7 hour drive home.

Thank you SO much for this information. From what I'm reading from everyone, we should get to the port around 10:30....no earlier. We are very excited and are doing the double digit countdown now!

As a heads up, last November when we sailed on the Fascination there were several short lines of cars waiting to enter the parking lot. Once they started letting us in, I inquired about pulling around to drop off passengers and luggage and they advised us they were not allowing to yet as the area was still congested with debarking passengers getting picked up.

Someone else can help my memory....but if I remember at least one person had to show photo ID to drive into the port.

So if you arrive early, plan on being able to park near the walkway to the port building and have all passengers walk with you. If the crowd is gone and they allow you to pull around to the curb, then bonus!

There were LOTS of porters with luggage carts practically running to cars to unload bags in the parking lot. You shouldn't have to carry anything into the port unless it's something you intend to carry onto the ship yourself.

Generally the driver has to show and if they are just dropping off at least the driver and one of the passengers for the ship needs to show ID and if I remember right show them the boarding pass also, if just dropping off.

• 2 weeks later...

I cruised out of JAXPORT last Aug. If I remember correctly, you will be directed into a lot and have your passport or ID verified prior to them allowing you to go into the regular parking lot. This is a security thing. It is not difficult. You just get in line with the other cars and follow thru with the procedure. No one has to get out of the car or bus or van or whatever vehicle you are in. Once ID is verified, then follow the other vehicles to the parking lot.

I just cruised the Fascination last week and they checked both our ID's and boarding passes to enter the port. We dropped off our luggage and then parked the car around 10:45. They were already boarding priority, etc when we were getting checked in (platinum). We were on the ship by 11:15.

The Fascination is a small ship- I wouldn't waste my money on FTTF.

I think FTTF would be worth the cost at Jacksonville Port. The two cruises we took out of Jacksonville were delayed and lines are a lot longer for those sailings. The worst was delayed boarding at 1:30 & everyone showed up. We waited in line 2 1/2 hours, others traveling with us who were platinum were on in 15 mins. Also, having the room ready when you board is great! Have a fun cruise!

I think FTTF would be worth the cost at Jacksonville Port. The two cruises we took out of Jacksonville were delayed and lines are a lot longer for those sailings. The worst was delayed boarding at 1:30 & everyone showed up. We waited in line 2 1/2 hours, others traveling with us who were platinum were on in 15 mins. Also, having the room ready when you board is great! Have a fun cruise!

Thank you for the advice! We have FTTF and have also used it in the past. I REALLY enjoyed getting into our rooms early and dropping off the carryons. I also used the customer service line several times, and not having to wait in those crazy lines was great. I have worried about Jacksonville's delays, and this really reassures me that our purchase is well worth it!