Welcome Back Pride 3-day Sailors!

avalon1025

:) This 3 day cruise again reinforced my opinion that Seabourn is THE BEST! (Admittedly, I have not yet tried Crystal, but soon will). Despite the medical evac re-arranging our cruising schedule, a full ship of rather impatient northeasterners, and the mediocre weather, the staff was always cheerful and accommodating. As for the 'French balcony issue' we decided to think of our entire sitting area as our balcony when we opened the doors. Works for us. I just can't say enough good things about the Seabourn Pride! Even though it was only a 3 day cruise, we were inspired by the excellence in so many areas. The only misstep was (someone) deciding not to have ANY entertainers onboard during our cruise and the following week.

I think that I have seen Leanne (from the dining room) mentioned here before. She is absolutely fantastic! She could be running a ship someday! :D

Just had to make a contribution to the Crew Welfare Fund, these people are great.

I would have thought Aaaanthony and/or Jane would have posted their feelings about the 3 dayer.......I know I had a fabulous time experiencing Seabourn for the first time on last years 3 day cruise. I would think others would post their observations - especially those who have experienced a longer Seabourn experience.

Perhaps I didn't word that comment correctly. I wouldn't say there were problem cruisers, but I suspect that it isn't the typical Seabourn crowd either. It takes a little while to unwind and settle into the pace of a cruise when you come from a hustle bustle place like NYC. Also, there were lots of people from the area, who have seen the Statue of Liberty many times and the novelty wears off after passing by 4 times in 2 days;). It was no one's fault, just the way things worked out with the medical evac. As the captain said later the second evening, "it is a cruise to nowhere, but we're trying to get somewhere!"

The cruise up the Hudson to West Point was spectacular!

Well, if it weren't for the fact that my brother and s-i-l joined the cruise in NY, I would have preferred to get off, the saving$ not withstanding. But that's hindsight. It was delightful to see Nancy succumb to Seabourn's charms and her trepidations vanish within 24 hours. In fact, after lunch on Friday they had already visited with Yolanda and left a deposit behind.

It's a very intensive time for the staff as well, so many things were included to give everyone a taste of what the line has to offer. Speaking of taste, I do plan on doing the Market Galley Lunch soon! But when the chef at the Sky grill told me he had some special lamb shops for me, what's a woman to do??

I can report that the Trivia team, ably lead by Aaannnthony came in second on this leg, we managed third on the other series. Poor Aaannnthony and Fran saw a lot of me at dinner, etc.; prolly way too much. I did discover that the staff thought we were 'best friends' before we embarked. Aaantnnhony was pretty good at the golf, too. Hope he doesn't mind me telling tales out of school, as it were. Of course, meeting the others was a real delight.

I wish that some of the other '3 day' sailors had looked for me because I wanted to meet them very much. I did get to chat with Martha, however. I reported that her tip about moving the chair and replacing it with a stool under the vanity was a real help in the 'flow' of the room.

And yes, sailing up the Hudson was a real treat on a glorious day.

Jane in PHL

Archived