Unsuccessfully trying to book May Barcelona hotel near Las Ramblas

NMLady

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona in 2011 and just booked it for our group of 7 for 2 nights in June.I reserved 2 balcony rooms and a triple inside. I love this place. It is such fun to sit on your balcony and watch the action below you particularly the street performers and gypsy pickpockets.:eek: You just can't beat the 24 hour buffet with free ice cream and drinks including beer,wine and soda pop.The location is perfect next to Plaza Catalunya.The HoHo bus starts its route next to Plaza Catalunya.There is a Metro entrance just steps away from the Hotel.

Unfortunately the street performers have been banned to the end of the Ramblas near the Columbus statue. I really miss them! There is a lot of police on the Ramblas nowadays, appearing all of a sudden and making it difficult for the pickpockets, it's fun to see the street vendors runaway with their merchandise in a blanket when they spot the police......

Is there something going on in Barcelona May 2-4 that has hotels near Las Ramblas all booked during those dates?

Or do they all just not book this far out?

I have tried Hotel Royal, Rivoli, Le Meridian, and another hotel, Ramblas?, and all say unavailable during those dates.

I had the same result with Hotel Jazz.

Glad to hear you found a hotel, sounds great. I found the same unavailability when trying to check dates for late May 2016 post cruise at Hotel Jazz. I emailed them and they had rooms available, so we booked. We found the same situation in Italy pre cruise earlier in May.

Enjoy your stay in Barcelona. We are really looking forward to it.

I've heard really good things about that hotel but it was too pricey for us.

I'm really glad that folks here recommended Hotel Continental. It seems perfect for us.

Glad you were able to book this centrally located hotel. We stayed at it's sister property just up the street of Las Ramblas: http://www.hotelsone.com/barcelona-hotels-es/hotel-continental-palacete1.html?as=b&aid=6108045986&dsti=292346&dstt=8&label=bing-bh292346&akw=30627964850&akwu=hotel%20continental%20palacete%20barcelona&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=hotel%20continental%20palacete%20barcelona&utm_content=es_bh292346&utm_campaign=es-Spain-Hotels-eu-en-ww

The Hotel Continental Palacete; the rooms are small but very serviceable. The breakfast room is the one with pale blue wallpaper and decorations - elegant. The breakfast buffet is marvelous to start your day. Water, beer and refreshments were available all day. We arrived very early from a Boston overnight flight and they invited us to enjoy breakfast and checked our bags until our room was ready, so we could go out and start our touring. It is in a much quieter area of Las Ramblas but not far from the Parc, HOHO bus stops, cathedrals, market place etc. Loved it there and rate was fair.