Gem 6/27 - 7/4/15 quick review

Chocolate buffets are now gone. In its stead they have a "chocolate night" where the restaurants offer special chocolate desserts. Though I always found their chocolate buffet display beautiful never really cared for the taste of their offerings, they all were bland and all tasted pretty much the same, in my opinion of course so not really a major loss in my view, lol.

thanks for the reply. Our first cruise was the last sail of the dream and we had no idea what to expect. loved the buffet.

Sorry guys; I'm doing what my wife accuses me of. In other words can you get different spa packages within the day package you purchased? (at no additional cost)Or if not what does the day package include which I can't take advantage at, at no cost? I know on most ncl ships that are spa amenities that everyone can enjoy.

Joe

Sorry guys; I'm doing what my wife accuses me of. In other words can you get different spa packages within the day package you purchased? (at no additional cost)Or if not what does the day package include which I can't take advantage at, at no cost? I know on most ncl ships that are spa amenities that everyone can enjoy.

Joe

No services/treatments come with the package or day pass. The spa is for the exclusive use for those who purchase access. The exercise room/gym in the spa area can be used by all for no fee. Special classes, cycling, yoga, etc. come with a charge.

• 1 month later...
No services/treatments come with the package or day pass. The spa is for the exclusive use for those who purchase access. The exercise room/gym in the spa area can be used by all for no fee. Special classes, cycling, yoga, etc. come with a charge.

What is the spa like? Would you say it's worth the cost? Is it just a hot tub and some chairs/loungers or what? We are on the Gem in October and considering it. Okay, I'm considering it-----dh has no clue it even exists.

I personally am not a fan of "spas" in general. I find them a bit boring to spend any great amount of time just lounging around. However, the heated tile lounge chair would be an amazing place on a cool sea day to camp out on and read that engaging book.

Many people just love the serenity and the relaxation offered by the spa and find the weekly pass one of the best things to purchase. On the other hand, I just love running around the ship and doing "ship" things and when I get beat an afternoon nap back in the cabin.