Best room choice with 2 adults + 1 fifteen year old teen girl?

WordGirlFan

We just got back from 7 days on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska and it was awesome. We had a mini suite with a balcony. It was a lovely stateroom with a huge bed for us and a couch that converted for our 14 year old daughter. It had a curtain we could pull between our bed and hers. Since she was out at the teen club almost every night until 1 AM, we found plenty of "private time" in the room before she got in, but I think my husband and daughter both liked having the curtain so she could get dressed over there and at least have the illusion of separation.

We loved the experience so much I'm already thinking about 2016. Norwegian doesn't do the Mexican Riviera in the summer and that's my first choice since we live on the west coast and I don't want to spend a lot on airfare. I'm thinking about the Carnival Miracle since I did that cruise back in 1985 while I was in college and enjoyed it - and I'd get their VIFP benefit. I also hear Carnival has a good teen club, and my daughter will be 15.

The balcony cabin pictures I've seen look a lot like what we had on the Pearl in terms of bed arrangement, but I don't see a curtain. The suites look bigger, but again I don't see any kind of separation between the bed and couch.

It seems like getting two rooms would be a lot more expensive since it's just the three of us.

Any recommendations for how to get the most privacy for the least money with 2 adults and a 15 year old girl on the Carnival Miracle?

No curtain in the Carnival cabins.

For privacy in the regular cabins we either get dressed in the bathroom or open one of the closet doors, making the hallway into a dressing room.

Many times DH would get dressed first then wait somewhere else onboard.

For the cheapest fare---Regular IS have a Pullman for the third. The lowest category with a couch (day bed) for your DD would be an Inside Obstructed French Door (4K). These open for air but are obstructed by the lifeboats.

Same cabin as the balcony w/o the balcony.

ETA--the above is assuming you only need dividers for dressing. For separate sleeping rooms look at the aft wrap on deck four no idea what category that is but it has two rooms, need to check the occupancy rating.

Another option is all the way forward, on a few decks there are balcony cabins connected to inside.

Edited by SadieN

If you are dealing with a TA it's best to have them do the homework for you and come out with the best pricing options.

If you are doing the booking your self, you almost need to price out the options each and every cruise to see where the best deals lie. Sometimes there will be promotions, extra inventory/better pricing which makes one option better than another.

My kids are young, so we still do the "quad" thing. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, so we don't need the extra space.

All that being said, for our pending Oasis cruise, I decided it was time to splurge and I asked the TA to quote a suite. She came back to me with the suite quotes and an unbeatable quote on two connecting verandah cabins. It might have had something to do with a promotion or group space that she had booked; but we were able to get 2 connecting verandahs for almost HALF of what it was going to cost us for 1 suite!

I have never cruised carnival before but I believe the walls and ceiling is magnetic so worst case scenario you can take a shower curtain or two and some magnetic hooks and make your own privacy curtain.