Embarking Azura

georgegirl

I received our ETickets today and noted that embarkation time is 3.30pm. This is our first time with P&O and also sailing from Southampton. I thought for some reason we'd be able to embark earlier than this.

We will be arriving at the docks at 12pm.

My questions are, if we embark at the time of 3.30 I assume it could be a lot later than that by the time we have boarded? How quick is boarding generally? Do we therefore miss lunch?

Many thanks. All other cruises been on, we have been allowed to board midday

Thanks

I received our ETickets today and noted that embarkation time is 3.30pm. This is our first time with P&O and also sailing from Southampton. I thought for some reason we'd be able to embark earlier than this.

We will be arriving at the docks at 12pm.

My questions are, if we embark at the time of 3.30 I assume it could be a lot later than that by the time we have boarded? How quick is boarding generally? Do we therefore miss lunch?

Many thanks. All other cruises been on, we have been allowed to board midday

Thanks

Funny you should ask.

If you look at the thread 'Cabins now ready on embarkation' it's quite a topic at the minute! You will need a spare couple of hours to read it all though.

I got mine for Britannia today and got a 3pm boarding time but we will be there about 12.30pm (long story explained in the other thread). I phoned P & O today to ask if I could possibly have an earlier time. She said just turn up as the ticket is a guide to prevent everyone turning up at the same time. You may have to wait a bit but not too long depending on the amount of people there but it shouldn't be too long in any case.

We got to the terminal about 12.30 in june for Azura, my boarding time was 2pm. We had to wait about 10 minutes on seats before our 'card' was called. We must have been onboard within half an hour of pulling up in our car. Sure it will be fine.

Funny you should ask.

If you look at the thread 'Cabins now ready on embarkation' it's quite a topic at the minute! You will need a spare couple of hours to read it all though.

I got mine for Britannia today and got a 3pm boarding time but we will be there about 12.30pm (long story explained in the other thread). I phoned P & O today to ask if I could possibly have an earlier time. She said just turn up as the ticket is a guide to prevent everyone turning up at the same time. You may have to wait a bit but not too long depending on the amount of people there but it shouldn't be too long in any case.

That's good to know. We have 4pm and were going to arrive at 12.ish as we are in Southampton for a 2 night stay before. At

My husband and I were on the Azura Baltic cruise on the 20th June. We had been sent an embarkation time of 2 p.m. but as we had to be out of our hotel by midday, we just checked out and got a taxi and arrived at the port at around 12 o'clock. Our bags were whisked out of our hands and we were sent into the hall and handed cards with a "P" on them. We filled in our health declarations and waited about 10 minutes until the P's were called and suddenly we were on board! The system was organised and the queue constantly moving. There was no reference to the time that we had been allocated - they just kept on processing the people who were actually there. By 12.45 we were sitting in the Verona buffet, having lunch. The cabins were ready at exactly 2 p.m. as we had been informed previously. Great embarkation! Shame about the chaotic disembarkation at the end of our cruise - but that was down to the port authorities only having 1 door to funnel out all the passengers and their luggage from the baggage hall. What a shambles!

Edited by Lanzalady