QM2 transatlantic crossing with kids - what to expect?

Katgoesonholiday

I'm sure you and your children will have a great time on the QM2. We took a December TA crossing with our 2 sons (then aged 12 & 15) three years ago and they loved it.

Cunard do have children's facilities for the teens but apart from playing the video games in there occasionally they tended to hang out with new friends they quickly made. They also made full use of the nightly film showings in the cinema and also thoroughly enjoyed dressing up and joining us for dinner.

In fact they had such a good time that when we suggested doing it again this winter they jumped at the chance!

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are taking our third family crossing in August. Our two girls, now ages 12 and 16 went across with us in 2012 and 2013. They both had a great time, though neither much cared for the children's programs offered. They went to the club once or twice to meet the other passengers their age and then mostly did activities with the kids they met or, sometimes, with us.

They both also LOVED the evening balls- putting on beautiful dresses and dancing to a live orchestra was a real treat. The older one also went to the disco.

The younger joined me for tea each day and took the improve/acting lessons with me.

Although there were less kids than some other cruises we have been on, the kids we met were interesting and from all over. My oldest daughter still keeps in touch with some of the people she met on the QM2.

I did notice that the teens did join up together in groups of a half dozen or so, but I did not see any ugly behavior or hear any complaints.