I am going on the Epic in September, leaving from Barcelona. Anyone done this cruise?

nanaj1

Hi Did the Epic in May out of Barcelona. I did it with one of my pals from high school. We loved it. BCN is a great city. We did our tours on our own. Conquored public transportation etc. If you are more secure taking the ship tours, do so. Pompeii was incredible, just wear a hat and bring water. it can get hot and not alot of shade. We did Rome after our cruise . Its about a 35 minute drive from Port to the city. The buses can't get real close to alot of the sites so there is a fair amount of walking. Enjoy!

Anne

We also did the Epic embarking in Barcelona at the end of May. Loved it!! Make sure to spend at least a few days in Barcelona either before or after your cruise. Much to see and do. We did private tours in Naples, Rome and Livorno/Pisa/Florence. The tour in Rome was private but used the bus from the boat. I think that was called Rome on Your Own. Never went to Pompeii but instead went to Ravello, Amalfi Town and Positano.

What time did either of you get on the ship?? My husband and I are going to a villa for a week, in Spain, then two days in Barcelona.

We boarded at about 1:00 pm. Best to get on the ship earlier, as we used this to explore the ship and get oriented. Any other questions, just ask.

I'm not really sure what the earliest time is that you can board. Best check with NCL. 1:00 pm seemed to work very well for us. Our cabin was ready so we could get into it. Went up to deck 15 to get some lunch, then worked our way down deck by deck.

• 3 weeks later...
Also, we are taking two tours, one is Pompeii, and the other is a 10 hour tour of Rome. Has anyone done these tours?

Hello nanaj1, We are going on the same cruise! :) We arrive in Barcelona a few days before.

Excited to read you are also interested in doing the 10 hour tour in Rome. We just reserved with RomeInLimo tours. That tour can have up to 8 people, and so far, its only my wife and I. The more people that join, the cheaper it is. Pricing information is in a link I provided below.

http://www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/gruppitour.php?url=&dataunita=09/09/2015&it=30&tname=Rome%20Highlights&pname=civitavecchia,%20port%20of%20rome

We are planning on arriving to the ship at 11:00am, which is the earliest you can be at port, with boarding beginning at 12:00pm. We want to be on the ship early to take advantage of the day on board :D:D

So excited!!

Hello nanaj1, We are going on the same cruise! :) We arrive in Barcelona a few days before.

Excited to read you are also interested in doing the 10 hour tour in Rome. We just reserved with RomeInLimo tours. That tour can have up to 8 people, and so far, its only my wife and I. The more people that join, the cheaper it is. Pricing information is in a link I provided below.

http://www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/gruppitour.php?url=&dataunita=09/09/2015&it=30&tname=Rome%20Highlights&pname=civitavecchia,%20port%20of%20rome

We are planning on arriving to the ship at 11:00am, which is the earliest you can be at port, with boarding beginning at 12:00pm. We want to be on the ship early to take advantage of the day on board :D:D

So excited!!

Have you posted about your tour on your ROLL CALL ?? You will probably find people who would like to join you.

We did Rome in limo 2 years ago. Used them in Rome and Naples and Florence. Used the tour share and 2 couples from the ship joined us. RIL is awesome! Had the best experience in all 3 ports with them! Would never use the NCL Excursion. - more expensive and big bus with lots of people. Our drivers catered to our interests and we were so glad we went with them!

We did Rome in limo 2 years ago. Used them in Rome and Naples and Florence. Used the tour share and 2 couples from the ship joined us. RIL is awesome! Had the best experience in all 3 ports with them! Would never use the NCL Excursion. - more expensive and big bus with lots of people. Our drivers catered to our interests and we were so glad we went with them!

Thanks for the comments wjwolf. We are excited and looking forward to touring with Rome in Limo. I have heard and read nothing but excellent things about them. The NCL tour just has too many people, and at an outrageous price. I like the idea of a more personalized tour and a smaller group.

We did the Epic, but started out a few days early in Rome. We did Pompeii and Vesuvius with the Epic and it was amazing. Very hot though. We also did Vatican with The Roman Guy, and it was great. It ended up being a private tour and he was fantastic. We did The Coliseum on our own.

Also, we are taking two tours, one is Pompeii, and the other is a 10 hour tour of Rome. Has anyone done these tours?

I was on Epic in June last year and have written a review which can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberrevews/memberreview.cfm?Entry ID=257253

I will be returning to Epic on 19th December for a Christmas cruise around the Canaries and will be meeting up with some other solo travellers who were on the cruise last June. Will be having a studio cabin this time around and am looking forward to this very much. Could have gone for a balcony with UBP included but the single supplements made it far too costly so I opted for the studio and have purchased the UBP in advance and avoided the surcharges by so doing. We have an active roll call going and are busy swopping ideas.

Do try and join a roll call for your sailing. In June last year passengers boarded both in Barcelona and Rome so we managed to organise two M&G and it worked well with people from both boarding ports managing to meet up and share excursions.

Good Luck with your plans.

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

Hello fellow cruisers...

We have created an excursion for Naples with Joe Banana Limo. This day long tour will take us to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano and includes lunch. For more information, follow the link below.

https://italytoursharing.com/naples-...-all-inclusive

As of right now, we have 6 available spots, for a total of 8 people. The more we have on the group, the cheaper the fare gets.

This tour is for Naples on the EPIC, for September 8th @ 8:00am.

Cant wait!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you wanting a semi-private Excursion tour:

My husband and I have booked a Florence and Pisa tour from Livorno on Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 with http://www.romeinlimo.com

Sunday, September 6th we have booked Barcelona/Montserat tour with http://www.barcelonadaytours.com

Tuesday, September 8th we have booked Capri Island Tour with toursofcapri.com Amazing tour!

Join any of our groups (up to 8 people) and we all save $$.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Marilyn and Larry

• 2 weeks later...