Pack & Play - Large Balcony Cabin

lials1981

Has anyone stayed in a B6 large balcony cabin with a baby in a pack and play?

We have the 'bed by door' layout and are travelling with a 2yo... Will a pack & play fit in this cabin and where did you have it?

Is the sofa bed suitable for a 2yo as an alternative or is it quite high, or thin and easy to fall out of?

Tia!!

It'll be tight, but you can wedge it in there, but be prepared to have to maneuver around it. Does your 2 year old sleep in a P&P at all now? Last year my 2 year old would have nothing to do with even the hotel crib Carnival provided and he slept with us (never does that at home).

If you have an older 2 year old and he'll willingly sleep on the couch/bed, you can roll up towels and put them under the bottom sheet as a sort of bumper so he doesn't roll out. That with some extra pillows on the floor just in case and he'd be fine even if he did roll over the speed bump. It's not that high up off the floor.

We had a mini suite on Epic in January and the pack n play they provided was a Graco Travel Lite Crib which is a mini pack n play. It was fine for our 10 month old, but may be quite small for a 2 year old. However, we found that it fit very nicely right inside the door (between the cabin door, shower door,and toilet door) and we were able to pull the curtain so he was somewhat separated from the rest of the cabin and he slept well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just sailed on the Breakaway with our 20 month old in a minisuite with bed by the balcony layout. So totally different ship, stateroom and layout but why I'm replying is because as soon as we met our room steward that first day and he saw our son, he said he would be nervous he would be able to knock over or climb out of the pack n play. Our son is 30 lbs and 34 inches tall.

Ibstead, he suggested he sleep on the sofa. I asked if they had rails and he said he'd have to look for one. My son still sleeps in a crib at home. He was able to find a rail and that first night, we positioned pillows where there was no rail on either end of the sofa and put my son in the middle directly next to the rail. The steward left the p n p in the room folded up jist in case.

It was fine but I was a bit nervous since my son moves a lot in his sleep. I requested if it was possible to get a second rail and he was able to find one. This was much much better and made things feel more secure.

So you could try the pnp but if your 2 yr old is a mover, perhaps the sofa with one or 2 rails would work better.

Edited by mobu2015

We sailed the Epic in 2013 with my family, which included my sister, brother-in-law, and then-8-month-old nephew. They were in a B6 large balcony on deck 12 and had a pack & play that my mom requested from her NCL PCC in advance. I believe they had the bed by the door configuration (my parents were next door in a bed-by-balcony setup), and it fit right next to their bed. It worked well, but he was only 8 months old. He's now 3 and I think would be too big for it!

We don't have kids, so I have no idea how big a normal-sized pack & play is, but the one on the ship was small and compact - not sure that a 2 year old would be comfortable in it. You could always request one, and if it doesn't work, have them open the bed up.

Have fun on the Epic! We've sailed twice on her and it's our favorite NCL ship.

We sailed with our son at 11 months old and again when he was just over 2. We only used a pack 'n play for the earlier cruise, because at age 2, he could easily crawl out of it, so no sense having it in the way. The couches are very close to the floor. If you are worried, just stick a pillow on the floor or something.

Also be aware - there is a lock at the top of the balcony door that you will want to keep engaged, just in case. It is out of the reach of small children.