Price Drop....Deck booked sold out?

drob

What happens if there is a price drop but your deck category is sold out? Do you have to move to an available deck in order to qualify for the reduced rate? Thanks in advance for all responses.

The price drop would be on a CABIN category, not the deck. If your category is sold out, then there would be no price drop available.

That was a typo, actually meant cabin category and I figured we wouldn't qualify but wanted to ask and make sure. Thx!

The price drop would be on a CABIN category, not the deck. If your category is sold out, then there would be no price drop available.

However, if you see a category higher than what you have booked that is cheaper, you can upgrade and get the cheaper price. This has happened to me before. I had a balcony on deck 7 or 8 and got deck 10 balcony cheaper.

However, if you see a category higher than what you have booked that is cheaper, you can upgrade and get the cheaper price. This has happened to me before. I had a balcony on deck 7 or 8 and got deck 10 balcony cheaper.

Hello. I have a balcony deck 8 booked. Deck 9 have available cabins but cost extra so we would only save $50.00 by moving. The only other deck available is 6 and doesn't involve an extra fee...so we would save $140.00. Out of curiosity can you moved down categories?

Hello. I have a balcony deck 8 booked. Deck 9 have available cabins but cost extra so we would only save $50.00 by moving. The only other deck available is 6 and doesn't involve an extra fee...so we would save $140.00. Out of curiosity can you moved down categories?

You can't downgrade with early saver.

I have qualified for two price drops and my stateroom category has been sold out for a few months. The key is to submit the request when Carnival has the free upgrade offer going on. I've saved about $300.

I have qualified for two price drops and my stateroom category has been sold out for a few months. The key is to submit the request when Carnival has the free upgrade offer going on. I've saved about $300.

Can you elaborate on how you do this? I'm curious what information you submit... For example, how do you know the cost when your cabin category is unavailable? My cabin has also been sold out for a long time and I quit checking for price drops because I didn't think it was possible to get one. TIA!

Can you elaborate on how you do this? I'm curious what information you submit... For example, how do you know the cost when your cabin category is unavailable? My cabin has also been sold out for a long time and I quit checking for price drops because I didn't think it was possible to get one. TIA!

Sure! I have a travel agent so it's a bit different since they submit it. Basically my cabin category and deck has been sold out for months. Whenever they are doing the free upgrade promotions I check on the carnival website to see if the total cost is less than what my package currently costs, you do this by doing a mock booking. If it is I ring up my travel agent, they do whatever they do and I've gotten two price drops by doing this.

Edited by lalatx04