Christmas/New Years on QM2

cessnan121pp

Hi guys,

I looked all over and tried searching the threads to no avail.

My wife and I have been considering the 12 day NY to NY Christmas/New Years cruise and were wondering what Christmas is like on Cunard. It would be our third Cunard cruise (QE in 2014 and QM2 this past May)

Are religious services of any kind offered for Christmas?

What is the food/dining schedule like for Christmas and New Years?

Any other special things to know about traveling on Cunard this time of year?

We like it because we live in Connecticut so no pesky Holiday air travel to deal with.

Again, apologies if this has been discussed at length before.

Hi guys,

I looked all over and tried searching the threads to no avail.

My wife and I have been considering the 12 day NY to NY Christmas/New Years cruise and were wondering what Christmas is like on Cunard. It would be our third Cunard cruise (QE in 2014 and QM2 this past May)

Are religious services of any kind offered for Christmas?

What is the food/dining schedule like for Christmas and New Years?

Any other special things to know about traveling on Cunard this time of year?

We like it because we live in Connecticut so no pesky Holiday air travel to deal with.

Again, apologies if this has been discussed at length before.

Christmas with Cunard is wonderful. I spent Christmas 2012 on QM2 and am spending this Christmas on QE.

The QM2 was beautifully decorated throughout. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there was carols on the grand staircase and fake snow fell from the atrium.

There was a Catholic Mass and a Protestant service on board.

Food was spectacular and there was a special Christmas dinner and festive buffet late at night. NYE is also quite festive with lots of decorations etc. Big TVs are set up around the ship displaying count downs for various cities. It was nice seeing Sydney ring in 2013 while we still had quite a way to go!

Everyone got a gift from Cunard at Christmas and all the children were given rather nice gifts by Santa, who came down the main atrium lifts with everyone around after carols. It is claimed he came down the smoke stack (he looked pretty clean so I guess all that magic helped).

I also found Christmas attracted a more formal crowd who revelled in dressing well every night (despite being in the Caribbean). Granted it was more highly priced than other cruises - you definitely pay a premium for the time of year (airlines certainly do too).

But the extra cost is well worth it.

I'm counting the days until this year's!

We are booked on the 2015 Christmas New Years sailing (we have done it twice before) and we are also in Connecticut. There are many repeat passengers on this sailing! There are services on board and there are many formal nights, including Christmas/New Years Day. If memory serves, there are at least 7 formal nights. The ship is beautifully decorated and there are holiday dinners and buffet's offered. We book Todd English frequently and although the menu doesn't change for holiday meals the food is wonderful.

We just love this cruise and can't wait to do it again. if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

We were aboard for the 2013 Christmas cruise. It was great.

Carols and snowflakes on Christmas Eve in the Grand Lobby. Santa arrived in a parade on Christmas Day and proceeded to the Queens Room where gifts were given personally to every child. There were religious services in the Planetarium We were in Princess Grill - and the menus were spiffed up. New Years Eve was very lively and fun. Balloons falling from the ceiling at midnight in Queens Room. The atmosphere shipwide in the evenings was more dressy than usual. Overall, one of our most memorable of many cruises on Queen Mary.

We absolutely love it onboard at Christmas.

We do see some familiar faces too

Have been on all 3 ships at Christmas to Caribbean on QM2 and Canaries on QV and QE.

Even had a secret santa with other CC friends on roll call for Meet & Greet on 25th. Great fun

Have never booked earlier than September though.

Julie