Fort Lauderdale Debarkation Question-Conquest

sharonaubrey

I've read a lot of posts where people said it took a long time to get off the ship and through Customs. My flight is 12:55 and I'm concerned I'm going to miss it.

I've even heard that people who carry off their luggage took a long time. Should I be worried?

When we sailed in May on the Conquest, embarkation was quick and easy, debarkation was another story. We are Platinum so we were off the ship right after early flight passengers and self-assist. Carnival doesn't have the luggage carousels in Fort Lauderdale and the luggage area was a nightmare. I stood up against a wall while family members went on a quest for our luggage. Some of our luggage was placed in a totally different zone and it took us awhile to gather everything together. We had to creepy crawl in a very long serpentine line to get through Customs. From start to finish, it took a good hour to exit the terminal. I don't know how other passengers behind us fared.

We had a 12pm flight on 4/12 and we did make it, but it was the longest debark line we've ever stood in and we were FTTF. Our luggage was right in the front of zone 1. There were only 2 or 3 customs agents and the line to get to them was very long. I believe it took us an hour to get outside. Then the line at the airport was the longest line I've ever seen. At least another hour or so there. Even with all of that waiting, we had started our trek to get off just about 7:30am and were waiting at our gate by 10:30am with plenty of time for our flight.

I'd book a 12pm flight again but may not sail from Fort Lauderdale again unless I'm in no hurry to get anywhere and can stroll off at the very end :D

I've read a lot of posts where people said it took a long time to get off the ship and through Customs. My flight is 12:55 and I'm concerned I'm going to miss it.

I've even heard that people who carry off their luggage took a long time. Should I be worried?

In FLL a few weeks ago. Did self assist. Lido deck was called around 9am. Took elevator down and walked directly off ship, no line at all. Got to customs and went through the line, yes it was long but it constantly was moving. Through customs by 930am.

In FLL a few weeks ago. Did self assist. Lido deck was called around 9am. Took elevator down and walked directly off ship, no line at all. Got to customs and went through the line, yes it was long but it constantly was moving. Through customs by 930am.

Fantastic!! I guess that's the best case scenario. We are on the Lido deck too.

I wanted to post in the Conquest forum if anyone has ever been in room 9222 but my New Post button is missing.

Ditto the above two posts. We were there the last week of May we wait till the last number was called and carried our bags down thinking it would be quick and easy people before us should've cleared the area by now but no there was a long line and moved ever so slowly took a good hour to get pass customs. However I noticed there a porter that came and asked you if you need their help on the luggages if you say yes they would haul all your luggages and bypass the long line to the front I might try this next time you just give them tips.

Edited by Trnkk

Fantastic!! I guess that's the best case scenario. We are on the Lido deck too.

I wanted to post in the Conquest forum if anyone has ever been in room 9222 but my New Post button is missing.

We had 9258, loved it!

We used a porter on our last cruise since I was traveling with 3 women and numerous bags. Found out by accident that using a porter got us to the front of the customs line and cut about 15 minutes off of our wait, plus he found the shuttle buses for us and helped load our bags.

On our recent cruise (6/13 -21), porters were in the regular, long, sluggish line with the rest of us.

We tried to get a porter but they were not at all helpful.

Guess everyone's experience is different, but Port Everglades needs to fix its debarkation process. The next time we sail from there, we will carry our own bags off.

I was also on the June 13th Conquest cruise and debarkation was a mess - it was due to the fact that we had to debark in a different terminal that was too small for the amount of people. Hopefully they have finished the construction at the other terminal by now.

When we sailed Conquest in February, we had an 11:15 flight home to Boston. We chose self-assist. We had a leisurely breakfast at 7:00 in the dining room, went back to the cabin, located on Lido, to retrieve our luggage right before 8:30, were in customs line at 8:40, and were on our way to the airport at 9:15. Though customs lines were long, they moved quickly.

The taxi ride was all of 10 minutes and cost $15 plus gratuity.

We've booked many flights from FLL before noon, even with cruises that sailed from Miami. We've always arrived at the airport with plenty of time to be bored before we had to board the plane.

Note that Port Everglades and FLL are so close that we could see the ships from the JetBlue terminal.