Looking for thoughts about Carnival's "Salsa & Salsa" excursion in Cozumel

We are thinking about doing Carnival's Salsa & Salsa excursion in Cozumel and would like to hear from some people that had already tried it. It will be our first time visiting Cozumel. Are there other excursions that might be better suited to first time visitors? Also, how long is the excursion and what time does it start? Does it leave any time for other activities before getting back on the ship? Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

We very much want to do this excursion, it gets great reviews, but it has yet to appear as a choice for our particular cruise.

The excursion is at Hotel Cozumel, which has a wonderful pool and a great snorkeling site.

If it appears as a choice for your cruise, it should tell you how long it is and what time it starts in the info before you add it to your cart. Sorry, no other info. Ive never heard of it before

We have done it twice. Once on Carnival and once with Princess. It was the same both times. We loved it. I would even do it again if had the chance. We met at 10:00 and then were sent in Taxi's over to the hotel.

First we did the cooking and drinking part. Made 7 types of salsa, all were great. They gave us a light lunch of taquitos and quesidillas. The last salsa was a mango salsa and we got a bowl of ice cream to put the salsa on. The whole time they are filling your glass with margaritas. They aren't very strong, but we all must have drank at least 10 small glasses. They were so good.

When we were done cooking, they cleared out the table and chairs and did the salsa dancing. We did not do, but just watched. We had the option of going across the the resort and using their facilities for a couple hours or return to the ship. We returned to the ship. They got a taxi for the 4 of us. We did not walk over to the hotel, as there are a lot of steps. You go down steps and under the road and then up steps again. I am not able to walk that good.

I think it was a great day for us. We have been to Cozumel so many times that we normally just walk around the pier and get back on the ship.

Claudia

We did Salsa and Salsa in April and loved it. The setting is beautiful, salsa and margaritas delicious and dancing was fun. The facilitators really get folks involved in the demonstrations - we laughed lots, drank more, and ate tons! We opted to use the resort facilities - you cross the street by an under-road tunnel. The pool is huge, lounge chairs abundant. The resort must have been having a slow week - hardly anyone there. Also, the lounge chairs had seen better days. But all in all, a fantastic day.

We did this excursion through Carnival and very much enjoyed it. I'm not a Tequila drinker nor dancer but really enjoyed it. We still use the recipe and methods we learned. The ladies that run the excursion are awesome. Everyone can enjoy this and they will get you a beer or something else if your not a tequila fan like me. They have a face book page as well that you can search and read some reviews. We posted on there as well. Go for it!

My husband and I did this last year and it was our best excursion of that cruise! We had a great time - the girls that host it are very fun as well as the waiters who make sure your cup is always full! I would highly recommend this excursion... You can go to their website and to tripadvisor for more reviews and information. And you do get your choice of staying and using the pool or going snorkeling right there, or like we did, just headed back to port and had plenty of time for some shopping.

Another good excursion is the cozumel bar hop. This is NOT a ship excursion. You go directly to their website, www . cozumelbarhop . com and sign up for it there...check it out on tripadvisor too... SOOOO much fun - takes you to the "other" side of the island that is not developed and the scenery is gorgeous! We did this in Jan 2015 and plan to do it again for our next 2 cruises we have coming up! :D:D

• 2 years later...
Salsa and salsa was great in Cozumel. We have a Mexican Riviera cruise booked for March 2019 and it is already sold out in Cabo. I see that they have one in Mazatlan, but it is not showing up on the Carnival site (at least not yet).

We recently did the Salsa & Salsa in Mazatlan and it was fabulous. Great for young and not-so-young!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done Salsa and Salsa twice....on our very first cruise and the last one, our tenth cruise. It is amazing! We had sooooo much fun. Highly recommend it!

We did this excursion in December. It was me, husband, daughter 21, and son 11. It was so much fun. They teach you how to make about 6 different salsas and guacamole. They whole time they are giving you margaritas. They we so sweet to my son and brought him non alcohol drinks. My daughter had just turned 21 and they had her up with the instructors helping. After the salsa they cleared the floor and thought you some dance moves. It was over looking the ocean and the resort was really nice. After we went across the street to the very nice pool and spent the remainder of the day there. When we were ready to go they got us a taxi back to the ship. It was a great day