teen turning 15 on cruise question..

Good morning. I have looked for an answer to this question and am unable to find one. I have three teens going with us on the Navigator in a weeks time. My DS - 16, and two darling nephews one 16 and one turning 15 3 days after starting the cruise. Will the birthday boy be able to go to the teen club with the other two or will they have to wait until he is 15 or will he have to stay in the pre teen even when he turns 15? thank you :)

More than likely he'll be able to do the older teen events the whole week, particularly since he has family members in that group.

Go and talk to the staff the first day and more than likely they'll let him participate in the 15-17yo group the entire time.

The teen events aren't as dependent upon staffing (no need to maintain a specific adult-to-kid ratio), so --while there are no guarantees-- I'd be willing to bet that he would be allowed to move up for the whole week.

More than likely he'll be able to do the older teen events the whole week, particularly since he has family members in that group.

Go and talk to the staff the first day and more than likely they'll let him participate in the 15-17yo group the entire time.

The teen events aren't as dependent upon staffing (no need to maintain a specific adult-to-kid ratio), so --while there are no guarantees-- I'd be willing to bet that he would be allowed to move up for the whole week.

Ty for your response, I will go talk with them when we get on board..

Generally speaking whatever age you are when you board is what you are considered throughout the cruise. Also generally they allow someone to move down but not up. There as always are exceptions and variations to that rule.

Generally speaking whatever age you are when you board is what you are considered throughout the cruise. Also generally they allow someone to move down but not up. There as always are exceptions and variations to that rule.

While this is usually the case with the younger groups, the teen groups tend to be a lot looser and the two groups are often combined anyway. Just ask the first day.

While this is usually the case with the younger groups, the teen groups tend to be a lot looser and the two groups are often combined anyway.

Yep... my 15yo was hanging out with 14yos during our cruise last month.

It's just different with teens versus "kids".

Good morning. I have looked for an answer to this question and am unable to find one. I have three teens going with us on the Navigator in a weeks time. My DS - 16, and two darling nephews one 16 and one turning 15 3 days after starting the cruise. Will the birthday boy be able to go to the teen club with the other two or will they have to wait until he is 15 or will he have to stay in the pre teen even when he turns 15? thank you :)

Your nephew can choose which age(14 or 15) he wishes to be considered for the entire cruise. He just needs to let them know at the start of the cruise. From our experience once you choose you can not change.