American Table

brickgirl

Just a new menu, I didn't notice family style serving, unless I am wrong, I think of family style serving as for example, a big bowl of mashed potatoes being passed around, each person gets their own dishes.

Here is a link to our cruise food video, with the new American Table menu.

We had American Table on the Liberty in March. It was just a different selection of menu items. Some of the older menu items have been retained while some are missing. I think the comfort food items...like ribs, burger, meat loaf, etc...are gone. They have an item each day that is listed as a "port of call" dinner entree.

I noticed a few new dessert items. They still had your every day menu items like Indian Vegetarian, chicken dishes, and so on.

It's being implemented slowly across the fleet.

Both Inspiration and Imagination have been testing the 3&4 day menus. It's been fun watching the menu get tweaked over the past 18 months.

Miracle is starting with the American Table October 10.

It had been planned to roll out the new menus fleet wide by the end of 2015, but now they're saying just two more ships will get it.

I'm pretty disappointed, since that means I'll have the old

Menus on the Splendor this October, and prefer the new ones.

John Heald announced on June 12th that only two more ships, the Magic on 07/19/2015 and Triumph on 08/10/2015, will be getting the American Table menus this year.

In addition it is already on the Freedom, Liberty, Inspiration, Imagination, Breeze and the Glory.

To me, family style means large bowls of say mashed potatoes, meat and vegetables with everyone dipping in as the item passes by:eek:

Had the family style on our last cruise. Some of the side dishes were indeed passed around the table for everyone to dish out. They came with their own serving utensil to dish to your plate.

We had in on the Liberty. Some nights the menu was just awful. I'm crossing my fingers for the old menu to still be on the Valor next year. Nothing was served "family style" except the bread basket.

Edited by MiffyLynx

Had the family style on our last cruise. Some of the side dishes were indeed passed around the table for everyone to dish out. They came with their own serving utensil to dish to your plate.

Some of the most expensive meals I've had had appetizers served family style. (The waiters would portion out the sides when served, but you were on your own for seconds.)

I wonder if Carnival was actually trying to be upscale with this idea, but failed because some very very cheap places do this too!

We had in on the Liberty. Some nights the menu was just awful. I'm crossing my fingers for the old menu to still be on the Valor next year. Nothing was served "family style" except the bread basket.

Agreed! We were on the Liberty 6/21-6/28 and we were less than impressed with the new menu. Matter of fact, were heard and talked to many other couples who thought the menu and food were awful. A couple of nights we ate dinner in the buffet because the menu had nothing that we wanted and my wife was tired of eating the same thing.