Millennium Post Alaska Cruisetour #3A

nicksfix

Hello!

I've been asking around about different cruise opportunities, and recently stumbled upon a wonderful-looking Celebrity cruise, an 11 night cruisetour from Vancouver to Anchorage aboard the Millennium. Of course, I realize there are many different threads regarding this ship and similar voyages, but none were really in line with what I'm curious about.

Basically, I'm trying to see how little we can pay for the entire trip without missing out on anything vital. I'd love if the 3 of us can get an oceanview cabin, but we'll gladly settle for an inside if necessary, so long as it sleeps 3 comfortably. With the busy daily schedule of the ship and only one or two sea-ish days, it isn't a huge concern as we intend to lounge about around the ship in the many lovely observation/gathering areas.

Also, aside from dining once at The Olympic (who wouldn't want to dine surrounded by the actual panelling of RMS Olympic), we plan to stick to the free dining options. Considering that the cruisetour offers free excursions already, we don't particularly feel it is a necessity to pay for more - although the whale-watching and flight-seeing are very tempting. What we might do is get the cheapest stateroom possible for 3 people, and splurge on all the awesome excursions to make it truly a remarkable trip that gets my travelling companions bitten by the cruising bug.

Long story short, I'm hoping to hear from cruisers who have taken this same itinerary on the Millennium, preferably those who travelled an inside cabin for 3 and looked to do it as cheaply as possible. Will we be missing out on much at all by giving it this approach? We'd love to have an ocean view, but are fine without one. We're going to wait until the cruise goes on sale for 2016 or 2017, and take it from there, anyway - I just wanted to see what other's experiences in a situation similar to ours were like.

Edited by nicksfix

Joust returned from an Vancouver to Anchorage with three days on land to Denali and Mt MC Kinley with concierge cabin 9122. The cruise and food and entertainment were outstanding but the land portion was the greatest. We got clear weather for three days in Denali and got some amazing shots, even at 2:30 AM it looked like dusk.

The only place it rained was Kechikan but it always rains there. I'm not sure what the difference in price is for an inside cabin but you can save some money that way.

The Millennium is still a beautiful ship. Well maintained. Happy crew. Entertainment everywhere. Hope this helps you.

My advice - book your land package separately. We did that using an Alaska based TA, and we saved $300 per person for a three night addition to our trip. That was about 10 years ago - I imagine the savings might be even better now. It was very easy to manage and we would do it that way again in a heartbeat! Use the extra money to upgrade your cabin or your excursions.