Less than 3 weeks to go and starting to get baggage anxiety!

Tangoqueen

Less than 3 weeks to go before our flight to Istanbul to join Queen V for 2 weeks. Excitement is setting in, after several weeks of caring for my elderly mum following hip replacement op, our holiday is very much longed for. Woke up half way through the night wondering how I'm going to get our evening clothes into the limited 20kg hold baggage and 5kg cabin baggage with Titan Airways with no option for additional baggage to be purchased.

I know many will say we don't need more than the allowance but a big part of our holiday, and one of the reasons we choose Cunard, is dressing up for the evening. I'm going to try and restrict my daytime wardrobe to mix and match hopefully saving some Kilos for our evening wear. Is anyone else worried about their baggage restrictions. I do hope in the future Cunard re think their airline policy and choices. Last summer we took 4 cases on our fly cruise being able to purchase extra baggage took away stress and we'd already thought we could manage with 3 bags but I think I'm going to have several more Baggage stress nights before we leave for the airport.

I've checked whether we can use the White Luggage Service but this isn't available for transfers to Istanbul.

Hi, ( from someone else in Lancashire ! )

Are you staying in hotels at each end of your cruise ? If so, it's easy ...

We have used sendmybag....... when we got off a cruise after 4 weeks and wanted to wander around before returning home.

Reasonable prices, great tracking and arrived before they promised !

Unfortunately they don't service Turkey,

but

luggagemule do.

A quick search has come back with a price of £69.99 for 25kg one way.

Obviously you need both ...lol.

If you are not staying at hotels, I have no idea whether anything can be arranged with the port.

Both of the companies mentioned have dotcom addresses of course. ( trying not to fall foul of the board police).

I make no judgement about the quantity of luggage, as I have just organised a pick up from New York after a transatlantic - 4 formal nights which I wish to enjoy, and yet do not want to lug baggage around for the following week as we work our way home.

For info only, 30kg is £100 New York to our door, money well spent I say - now I can justify an extra pair of shoes... or 2.

Hope you solve your conundrum...

Helen

We used carrymyluggage for collection from a Venice hotel when we returning by train. They will deliver to Cruise ships according to the website but whether that includes QV in Istanbul I have no idea.

On the other hand, we have managed a couple of fly cruises with the same luggage allowance. I left my sequins at home but still managed to take different formal outfits for each night.

At least you generally need fewer jumpers/coats than if you were sailing somewhere cold.

Good luck

We were on a 12 night r/t from Venice in May where we had a 50 lb and 15 pound limits on checked and carry on. I was able to pack a summer weight tuxedo with 3 sport coats. I did use my wife's luggage for a pair of shoes (her clothes are much smaller and more lightweight), but it worked.

Your limits are more strict so it will take some planning. Mix and match has to be the order of the day. Since its summer take lighter weight clothes - you can pack a lot more when they're not heavy woolens. I stick with darker colors for evening dress.

Make good use of your personal carry on. Use a tote and cram it as full as you can. As long as it fits under the seat you'll be ok. I think my tote weighed as much as the carry on bag.

Edited by rolfecms