Night Owls

sarmat1

Are they still giving out the blue plush owls to kids that go to the Night Owl parties? DS has slept with his nightly since our cruise last August and now wants a "brother" for it when we cruise next month. Just curious if anyone who has done Night Owls recently can confirm that the kids still get one of these? While I doubt it matters which ship, we'll be on the Valor. :cool:

I board the Valor on Saturday, so I will post afterwards if my boys get one after we come back. I am hoping my boys will stay up for one of those parties so mommy and daddy can enjoy some of the late night shows.

$6.95/hour for each child, but the night of the party for your kid's age group it's a $15.00 flat fee. That's the night they get the stuffed owl. They also add 15% gratuity to those rates.

Is it up to $6.95 now? It was $6.75 last time we sailed and I haven't been able to find anything updated.

Is night owls just a camp late in the evening? Sorry.....grandma here taking grandkids on 1st cruise and curious to what this is??? Thank you!

It's from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM. It's like a late night baby siting service, and they do charge extra for it. On one day of the cruise every age group has a Night Owls themed party, and they get some free stuff. At the end of the cruise they gave my son a really nice book with a handwritten note from the counselor. I was impressed with that. I spent over $80k to send my son to a Goddard School for 5 years, and he basically got a book that wasn't even as nice when he graduated from that place.

My kids MUST NOT see this thread now. If they happen to miss the night owl party' date=' or they don't give out the owls for some reason, they'll kill me.[/quote']

Haha! On the flip side one of mine will want to see it and it will make him want to go. Selfishly I would like one night out with my hubby so it's a win-win for all. He's one of those kids that doesn't want to go, but the minute I leave he's having a blast!

:)

Selfishly I would like one night out with my hubby so it's a win-win for all. :)

That's why we did it last year. My kids rarely go to Camp Carnival. But the party happened to coincide with back to back adult comedy, so we got to see two comedy shows while the kids were there. I figured I was just paying for some babysitting. But sure enough, both kids came back with a Carnival draw-string bag with stuff in it. I can't remember anything else they got, but the owl was an instant hit with my son who loves stuffed animals (most of which are bears). He now has told me that he absolutely has to have another, so hopefully the party works with comedy again. If for some reason we can't make the party, I'll have to go up to Camp Carnival and offer to buy one. ;)

It's from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM. It's like a late night baby siting service, and they do charge extra for it. On one day of the cruise every age group has a Night Owls themed party, and they get some free stuff.

Do they only get the stuff on the party night? From what I have seen, Carnival offers the Night Owl babysitting nightly. I figured the "party" was just a way for them to say that there happened to be a theme that night (last year for my kids it was Mardi Gras). If they only do the giveaways for the party, we'll have to specifically look for that night and hope it works for us.

Do they only get the stuff on the party night? From what I have seen, Carnival offers the Night Owl babysitting nightly. I figured the "party" was just a way for them to say that there happened to be a theme that night (last year for my kids it was Mardi Gras). If they only do the giveaways for the party, we'll have to specifically look for that night and hope it works for us.

My son did night owls a couple times and only got the stuff the night of the party. It was on the first sea day. They charged a flat rate that night instead of the hourly rate.