Have booked my first solo cruise!

shipcation

Don't be nervous. As far as I am concerned, cruising is the ideal holiday for solo travelers. It is very easy to meet people (and I am a very shy and quiet person until I get to know someone), you get to do what you want (if you want:D), and you don't have to worry about finding a place to eat or sleep. Add to that you are going to a beautiful country at a festive time of the year - sounds perfect to me. Enjoy!

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? I enjoy getting to know people in advance so I have "friends" once I board the ship.

Edited by Scrapnana

Thanks for the encouragement Scrapnana. I think the first time for anything can make one a bit nervous but I'm sure it will be great. I'm looking forward to a lot about this trip, Christmas and New Year on board, a few sea days to relax and enjoy the ship, and of course, seeing New Zealand for the first time.

I have posted to the roll call. It's not very active at the moment, but that will probably change as we get closer to departure.

I'm excited that I've booked my first solo cruise, but at the same time I'm quite nervous. I'll be going to New Zealand over Christmas and New Year.

Hope you have a great trip. That is a trip that I have always wanted to take, as New Zealand is a beautiful country. I have been to your country but I have not made it to New Zealand yet. Hopefully some day. Enjoy your trip.

I am trying to plan my first cruise and am solo. Having a hard time wrapping my head around having to pay double. I understand from the business side of things why they do it, but I also feel that I am paying more because I am not married or have a travel companion.

Anyone else feel this way?

Anthony

I'm excited that I've booked my first solo cruise, but at the same time I'm quite nervous. I'll be going to New Zealand over Christmas and New Year.

How fun! I loved my New Zealand cruise. Would do it again in a heartbeat if the darned flight wasn't so long :)

Yes klass2, am really happy to have this cruise planner over the holidays. It will be nice to see the ship all decorated. Have a great cruise this weekend!

Thanks travelnap. Hope you make it to Australia one day. There are some cruise itineraries that circumnavigate the country. I'd like to do that one day.

Anthony, I know what you mean. I guess I just convinced myself to look at it without considering it as up to double the price others would pay.

ChiGal it would be a long flight for you! There are some great options on your side of the world too.

I hope you have a wonderful time! I did my first solo cruise many, many years ago, and found it to be as close to as ideal as I could imagine for a solo traveller. There are roll calls here on CC that you can join if you want to "meet up" online with others who will be on the cruise. That is a good way to find people to share shorex with, if you are so inclined.

@anthony, hate that we pay double for solo trips too but it is still a good deal. At my age I stay at better hotels and eat better food so per day I think I still come out ahead than some land based trip. And no changing hotels. Norwegian has solo cabins with no double supplement prices but have not tried them yet.

Hi Everyone,

I just booked my first solo cruise yesterday. Kinda nervous, but moreso excited. I booked a super studio w/balcony on Anthem. I am not new to cruising, just new to solo cruising.

I travel solo to Vegas 3 times a year, but I've been going to Vegas for 20 years so it's just like home to me. But for a cruise, this will be a different solo. And I am looking forward to it! Happy sailing to all!

I am trying to plan my first cruise and am solo. Having a hard time wrapping my head around having to pay double. I understand from the business side of things why they do it, but I also feel that I am paying more because I am not married or have a travel companion.

Anyone else feel this way?

Anthony

No, because once you get solo cruising into your blood you will find yourself scouring the internet for bargains and learn how to cruise single for less.

December 2014 Breeze 6 days, my S.S. was 16%.

May 2015 NCL Epic 7 days not a solo room, my S.S. was 25%.

October 2015 Carnival Dream 21 days, my S.S. will be 45%. And would had been lower if I had grab it the first time it was discounted. It probably would had been around 35%.

The bargains are harder to find each day it seems, but they are still out there is you look hard enough.

PS. Just came back from a 4 day trip to Las Vegas. That trip costed me $1600 (flight, hotel, food - no gambling), I would have been better off booking a cruise.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger