How to post full photos on CC forum?

Moltar

People use different sites. I use Photobucket because it's friendly with another site that I post a lot of pictures on, is easy to use, and allows direct links without any issues. Many if not most serious photography sites use Flickr. I think you'll find a wide mix here on Cruise Critic.

Play around and find one you're comfortable with. Make sure you resize your photos to a reasonable size. Photobucket, for instance, has two membership levels. Basic is free, but has a monthly bandwidth limit. There's a Plus account with both increased overall storage levels, and unlimited bandwidth. Each time someone clicks on your post with a 1 MB photo, the counter clicks off 1 MB on your account. A popular review can easily "lock" your basic account and block your photos. So be sure you understand those rules of your hosting site going in.

I took the plunge on Photobucket. Now I a cannot find how to resize the images to post on the forum. I see the code to copy, I copy, paste it here, but the image is rather large. Please walk me through how to make a better size for this forum. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I took the plunge on Photobucket. Now I a cannot find how to resize the images to post on the forum. I see the code to copy, I copy, paste it here, but the image is rather large. Please walk me through how to make a better size for this forum. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Hey Moltar...

Try the instructions given here: http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724244-How-to-Resize-an-Image

Be sure to click that "lock" icon when you're resizing so it will maintain the proportions. That way you can choose the width and it will adjust the height automatically.

You probably want to keep them to 900px wide or less. The first photos I posted here I did at 1024px wide and I thought they were a little too big. Since then I've been posting pics at 660px wide.